Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year or so, I knit myself a new pair of FIBER TRENDS Felted Clogs, Designed by Bev Galeskas AC-33. I paid $5. for a hard copy pattern, and they are a quick, easy knit! My new pair is felting in the wash right now. Here is a photo of them, with a finished one for size comparison. After felting, I will wear them tonight, damp, and they will mold perfectly to my feet!
This is my first post, and it is a pleasure to be a part of this Community. Knit On Friends! twfancy

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thank you for that short Tut. and the tips. My daughters feet are so wide she can't find slippers that fit her feet. I may have to try this one before next winter.
thanks and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pattern has provisions for wider feet! It will felt smaller and smaller, as long as you keep the washing machine agitating with hot water, until it is the right size. Stretch them wider if needed!
I threw a pair of jeans in the machine and a pair of crocks to beat them up a bit. Also, they seem to felt faster inside a pillow case, which keeps the fuzz from destroying your machine. Here's a photo of the finished pair. They are still damp, but I am happy with the way they came out, and looking forward to wearing them! twfancy...Nancy

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I, too, have knitted several pairs of these, but have never seen varigated colored yarn used. They are really cute! Can you tell me where you got the yarn? BYW, I love these slippers because they are sooooooo comfy and warm and all that I've given them as presents to rave about them!.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Those are just downright awesome! I've never tried felting although I can shrink a wool sweater (never intentionally) with the best of them! If you send a link to the pattern that would be wonderful! It has been VERY cold here in NM, so I've got some friends who would LOVE them. Great idea for gifts! Thanks for showing us after they were felted.

·
Registered
581 Posts
So fun and neat to felt. Before I felted mine (second time I ever felted an item - first was a round beret) I realized that when yarn is felted it shrinks on the length of the yarn therefore the clog was not all that wide but very long before felting. It made me chuckle a bit to show my knitting group the before - they get to see the after tonight.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
What is a "short row"?.....I haven't even seen the pattern and I'm already confused : )

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love to felt - I've made several hats and several slippers. I have a nephew who, about once a year, pleads with me to make him a new pair of slippers. When I made my hats I added a strand of eyelash yarn to the rim and it turned out soooo cute. I think that I enjoy felting so much because it's like magic - you have this great big huge thing and it turns into something wearable! Keep up the good work. I love your choice of varigated yarn! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No link to this copyrighted pattern...sorry. I wouldn't feel right making copies. I found mine: FIBER TRENDS AC-33 Felted Clogs designed by Bev Galeskas for $5 at a local (now out of business) knitting shop.
The multicolored yarn is Bernat felting yarn (doubled) from Hobby Lobby.
I have half a dozen people who want me to make them pairs! The felting part you need to do for yourself. I found the felt faster tied up in a pillow case. When they are the right size, I let the wash cycle end, and then put them on. Then I take them off carefully, and let them dry.
I have found similar patterns on GOOGLE, but not with the bumper. These have two soles by the way, inside and outside.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom