Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I LOVE it. On my needles I have my first felted purse. Of course it's not this nice, but I can't wait to toss it in the washer and see what it will look like : )

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeanne1 said:
Love the rose, very pretty. Where did you find your pattern.
I enlarged a thumbnail from my Print Shop and traced it on a sheet of knitting graph paper.

·
Registered
536 Posts
OMG I have never felted anything. If I had to do a first project it would be your purse. It is wonderful. Would love a pattern, yarn and I can find the rose, I think... Hmmmm maybe. Keep up the beautiful work so we can enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lorraine2651l said:
OMG I have never felted anything. If I had to do a first project it would be your purse. It is wonderful. Would love a pattern, yarn and I can find the rose, I think... Hmmmm maybe. Keep up the beautiful work so we can enjoy it.
The brown yarn is Lion Brand Fisherman, the pink and green are Paton's Classic Wool. Nothing fancy - use your 40% coupons at Jo-Ann's or Michael's to keep the cost down.

Pattern(?) 132 stitches in stockinette on size 10 needles. I worked from the top down, started with the pink rows in garter stitch. The straps are garter stitch, done width-wise.(TEDIOUS!!!) I sewed them on before I felted, and that's what caused the curved effect on the top. This has been a learning experience. Good luck, and, more importantly, have fun!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guage isn't that crucial to this project. I never measured. My knitting is probably considered medium: neither tight nor loose. I can only relay my experience. The finished bag is 12" wide using 132 sts on #10 needles.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
love it I want to try felting but can't quite pick up the nerve,all you folks help me find something easy , do they make "felting for dummies" knit patterns?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom