Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Thanks for sharing.....they are all great. The scarf's are really pretty!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am glad you liked my work. Thank you for the compliments and great praise.
The pattern of this scarve I found in one of the books I borrowed from a local library. I will take a look during the week and post more comments once I will find it. …I might have saved the name of ths book in some of my notes….
Thank you all and have a great work week. Vija

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
What a cute alien. Very different.
And my daughter would love that black and red scarf, they were her HS colors. Ahh memories.
Great job.
Linda

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Wow! I made scarves like those for my daughter. I adapted it from a afghan pattern NOTE: make any length or width, can continue the clusters in the ends of scarf.
H hook worsted wt yarn
Ch 26
Row 1 (wrong side) Shell (3 dc,ch2,3dc) in 4th chain from hook, skip next 2 chs,dc in each of the next 12 chs, sk next 2 chs, shell in next ch, sk next 2 chs, sl st in last ch, turn
Row 2 (right side) Ch 3, shell in ch-2 sp of next shell, sk next 3 dc of same shell, dc in back loop of each of next 14 dc, shell in ch 2 sp of next shell, sk next 3 dc, dc in 3rd ch of beg 3 sk chs, turn
Row 3 Ch3, shell in ch 2 sp of next shell, sk next 3 dc of same shell, dc in back loop of each of next 12 d c, shell in ch2 sp of next shell, sk next 3 dc, dc in 3rd ch of beg ch 3, turn
Rows 4 to desired length Repeat row 3 Fasten off
Border with right side facing attach yarn to loop formed by last dc of last row
Rnd 1 (right side) ch 3, holding back last loop of each dc on hook, 2 dc in same space, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook, ch 2, cl (cluster) holding back on hook the last loop of each dc, 3 dc in same sp indicated, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook, working across side in spaces formed by edge sts at ends of rows* ch 2, cl in next row, rep from * across to last row, ch 2, (cl, ch1, cl) in last row for corner, working across opposite side of beg ch, ch 2, cl in ch at base of next shell, ch 2, cl in next ch 2 sp, ch 1, dc in each of next 12 chs,ch 1, cl in next ch 2 sp, ch 2, cl in ch at base of next shell, ch 2, working across next side in sps formed by edge sts at ends of rows, (cl, ch2, cl) in last row for corner, ch 2 ** cl in next row, ch 2, rep from ** to last row (cl , ch 2, cl ) in last row for corner, ch 2 working across last row, sc in ch 2 sp of next shell, dc in back loop of each of next 12 dc, ch 2, sc in ch 2 sp of next shell, ch 2, join with sl st in top of 1st cl fasten off

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Small world! The pattern I used was called Park Ave from a booklet by Red Heart Great Afghans and Throws and you made the afghan in 3 strips. My daughter get compliments all the time on her scarf!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom