Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is fiber from paradise fibers fiber of the month club. They send sample fibers to try out each month for $34.99. It's well worth the price. I've sampled fibers that I would never have ordered or thought of spinning. This month was sari silk, solid dyed merino and BFL/silk.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Thanks for this post, Cookie!

I printed it so I'll know where to get fibers one day... you know, in case I get obsessed with spinning like I've been with socks.

I bought red, yellow and orange Kool-Aid yesterday, preparing to try dyeing first.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cdambro said:
That is beautiful roving. Can I ask how much do you get a month? After you spin, how much would you say you end up with? Enough to make, say, a shawl or cowl?
You would definitely have enough to make a cowl or mittens or a hat. I've found the average total of fiber is 12 oz., I will be blending the sari with other fiber to make batts to spin. I just got a drum carder 3 weeks ago and have lots of fiber to blend with.
This is what came in June, the multi color roving is merino 8oz., Tencel roving, and quivit. I can't remember the total for the tencel and the quivit.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Cookie61868 said:
You would definitely have enough to make a cowl or mittens or a hat. I've found the average total of fiber is 12 oz., I will be blending the sari with other fiber to make batts to spin. I just got a drum carder 3 weeks ago and have lots of fiber to blend with.
This is what came in June, the multi color roving is merino 8oz., Tencel roving, and quivit. I can't remember the total for the tencel and the quivit.
That roving is just beautiful. I think getting the samples would be great to be able to try out rovings we might otherwise not. I am almost there on this. Lol. I am not sure if I should say thanks or why did you tempt me like this. Lol. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom