Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
So did I. Four months later!!! They charge you immediately and use your money to operate . Great scam....using other people's money. They really do not care about the customer. It is all about getting money without having to deliver. I called them 3 months ago( a month after ordering) and explained that I needed the yarn for a special project. Stephanie promised I would have the yarn within the next 5 days. Lies, Lies, Lies. Fiesta is taking a fiesta when it comes to delivery and service. Just hope the yarn is ok. I never want to deal with them again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The first skein of Fiesta sock yarn I bought at a LYS which is no longer there. It was very nice so I placed an order, got some very nice yarn at 60% off, but delivery dates were impossible, with many excuses. To many other good yarn sources out there to mess with such poor service. Won't use them again.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Well, I have to say, I was really bummed out by the last order (second time I had ordered) from Fiesta. The yarn I received was not the yarn I thought I had ordered. Instead of sock yarn weight, the order I received was Ballerina. It is a super-fine yarn about the weight of fine sewing thread. The color looked very flat. The yarn itself was 50% merino and 50% tencel. The yarn I ordered was 75% merino and 25% nylon. HOWEVER, after trying to knit with one strand, and finding it too fine to hold its shape, I took two strands and rewound into a larger cake. Using the two strands together, I am knitting leggings for a granddaughter. The leggings have a lace panel, and ribbing around the remaining stitches. They are turning out to be very beautiful and soft. I am almost half-way through. The colors are muted and very beautiful. So, I do think I did an injustice to Fiesta (although the yarn was not my original order, and very late in arriving), The end product will be lovely.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Laujob said:
Well, I have to say, I was really bummed out by the last order (second time I had ordered) from Fiesta. The yarn I received was not the yarn I thought I had ordered. Instead of sock yarn weight, the order I received was Ballerina. It is a super-fine yarn about the weight of fine sewing thread. The color looked very flat. The yarn itself was 50% merino and 50% tencel. The yarn I ordered was 75% merino and 25% nylon. HOWEVER, after trying to knit with one strand, and finding it too fine to hold its shape, I took two strands and rewound into a larger cake. Using the two strands together, I am knitting leggings for a granddaughter. The leggings have a lace panel, and ribbing around the remaining stitches. They are turning out to be very beautiful and soft. I am almost half-way through. The colors are muted and very beautiful. So, I do think I did an injustice to Fiesta (although the yarn was not my original order, and very late in arriving), The end product will be lovely.
Nice when it turn out that way. You made it work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom