Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Lovely--glad to see these wonderful crocheted pieces are back. My grandmother loved crochet and made several of these--I have the front door window curtain that she crocheted for the farm house my mother grew up in, of this style crochet. Enough about me, you bring back memories, your work is beautiful!!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Your work is so beautiful and is there any thing you can't do? Us mere mortals need to know if there is anything we might hope to do better than you! Fess up, is there anything that scares you?
I am so envious and practise makes perfect, so they say, but at 76, I'm running out of practise time.

·
In Memoriam
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
arlenecc: Thank you for such lovely praise. I just try to do everything as best I can. Study, practice, and stamina help to conquer any challenge.

·
Registered
10,210 Posts
sockit2me said:
This was worked from a chart in "Magic Crochet Monthly" from 2005.
Beautiful, Eric. You do such awesome work, regardless of the medium !!!

I love thread crochet--I guard my "Magic Crochet" magazines like they were gold !! Was heartsick when then discontinued printing. "Decorative Crochet" is okay, but not quite the same ! Sometimes I bring out my collection just to browse through them.

Made a "ducky" baby blanket from one of them, in ecru thread, three-by-three 8" squares in ecru filet. I'll be seeing the "baby" this weekend. He's 25 now -- haven't seen him in five years, but he always speaks fondly of that blanket. He's hoping to save it for his own baby someday. Very sweet.

...g

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Beautiful Crochet work!

I love filet crochet, but I find it so tedious to work. I loved watching my grandmothers crochet. One was very slow and used heavy thread, the other had hands that flew and used the finest thread imaginable. I have treasures from both of them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom