Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya again all!

Ok, I finally picked the yarn. Thanks for all your suggestions and helps last week. Here's what I went with.
It's Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, 100% Peruvian Wool.
The colors were the right ones, it's a heavy weight worsted, its wool, and it was even on sale! :)
The colors are Bittersweet Heather (which is a dark chocolate color), Almond, and Maple Syrup. They look gorgeous together.

The pattern is http://personal.smartt.com/~brianp/llamaHat.html

Here's the problem now. There is a decoration beside the llama picture that has different symbols in the boxes than all the rest of the chart. There is no legend telling why they are different and they don't really look like symbols I've seen in other charts. Any ideas what I'm supposed to be doing there?

Thanks!
Yellowrose

Attachments

·
Registered
16,213 Posts
Yellowrose said:
Here's the problem now. There is a decoration beside the llama picture that has different symbols in the boxes than all the rest of the chart. There is no legend telling why they are different and they don't really look like symbols I've seen in other charts. Any ideas what I'm supposed to be doing there?

Thanks!
Yellowrose
I'd say those are color changes--if the black squares are all to be worked in the llama color, the other squares would be the alternate colors...I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would assume that each symbol is for a different color. The pattern says there are three colors. I guess you would choose your own, unless there is a key with the colors listed. I couldn't find one, maybe it came with the kit, or are you using up your stash?

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
Yellowrose, Take a close look at the hat itself. It shows blocks of color between each animal. You just have to decide which colors you want to use for the blocks as the animal will be in ??? color.

Happy knitting.

Becca

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the ideas everyone.

I've taken the suggestions and mapped out the colors for the little diamond. It's a bit tricky, the pattern I mean, since I'm not hugely practiced with fair isle, but so far it looks really nice.

I'll be sure to post a piccy of it when its finished! :)

thanks again!
Yellowrose

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
That's part of the pattern motif and would appear to be different colors from your background color and the color of the band motifs and llamas. You may assign whatever color you choose to each of the two boxes (one with diagonals, one with dots), but it seems to me that there should be a fourth color (D) listed at about the 15 gr of color C amount for this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lldegen said:
I would assume that each symbol is for a different color. The pattern says there are three colors. I guess you would choose your own, unless there is a key with the colors listed. I couldn't find one, maybe it came with the kit, or are you using up your stash?
I bought the yarns from Knit Picks. Their kit was $45. No hat is worth me spending $45 for even it is it for a gift. lol.
I bought beautiful peruvian wool though and it ran about half that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom