Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whew! this is the 3s shawl, a free pattern on Ravelry - my first knitting project. I have been crocheting well over 30, maybe 40 years but just recently learned to knit. The yarn is Huasco by Araucania and I used size 2 circular needles. I did the optional lace every 15 rows but if I knit this again, I would do them more often. I was a bit disappointed by the size but then - where I live with such mild winters, I will probably get more use out of it as it is than with a large shawl. Need less to say, my next project will be on size 10 or 11 needles! :-D
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/3s-shawl

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Very nice! I was a crocheter before I was a knitter and when I picked up yarn crafts again after many years of abstinence I started with crocheting but quickly moved to knitting, which I now prefer (the work seems softer, somehow, and knitting doesn't cramp up my yarn-holding left hand as much as crocheting does).
Do you think you will branch out into trying more knitted projects now?

·
Registered
9,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2DogMom said:
Very nice! I was a crocheter before I was a knitter and when I picked up yarn crafts again after many years of abstinence I started with crocheting but quickly moved to knitting, which I now prefer (the work seems softer, somehow, and knitting doesn't cramp up my yarn-holding left hand as much as crocheting does).
Do you think you will branch out into trying more knitted projects now?
Oh yes - have a library full in Ravelry and a computer full of downloads! but I think my next one will be easy like fingerless gloves or a scarf- something rather quick ( just so I can say I finished 2 knitting projects)- you are correct- it is softer and easier on the hands.

·
Registered
9,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the compliments- I am just proud that I finished- learned about life lines, picking up dropped stitches ( there were a lot) and fixing mistakes here on KP. There are a LOT of mistakes in it but the yarn is forgiving - you learn from your mistakes! I learned a lot....

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
That is a beautiful scarf and to tackle something like this for a first project is wonderful. We don't make mistakes we make "designing markers" so that no two will ever be alike so we can say "It is a one of a kind". LOL
The yarn choice is great too. It suits that scarf and sets the pattern off. Fabulous and a great big High Five to you!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom