Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Recently I decided I really must motivate myself to finish a number of projects that I had just been too lazy to finish.

For example, this crocheted baby blanket just needed about four ends sewn in, as of about two years ago! It is a design that I saw on You Tube that I really liked, the young girl that made the video was an awesome teacher, which is really great when you're just starting out. This will be added to the stash of baby clothing for when my middle son starts breeding, as he prefers to say.

Here is the You Tube link I followed:
View attachment 1235286
pretty and a lot of work. I see you crocheted the squares together. I'm using the invisible join to put squares together. How did you do the border?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I see you crocheted the squares together. I'm using the invisible join to put squares together. How did you do the border?
I used single crochet to put all the squares together. I think from memory I single crocheted around the blanket first, prior to adding the shell stitch border.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Beautifully used scrap wool for the blanket. The close up of the pattern is very tempting to start the new project. it is worth starting it now.
I didn't use scrap wool for this one, it took me ages to find the right colours and type of baby wool to get what I thought would be a delicate blend of colour. It really just depends on the look you are trying to achieve I suppose. Having said that a blanket made of colourful scraps would also look great with this cheerful looking pattern!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Top Bottom