Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went shopping as usual on Saturday. Canadian Tire had the Keruig Second Edition on sale for $129.99, reg $159.99 so we finally got it. It has 3 different cup sizes and a very large water resevior. We got some K-cups to go with it although it came with 18 assorted cups. I drink my coffee black, and at first the coffee seemed a bit strong, but it grew on me.
I remember posting about Keurig to see what experiences you all had, and some of you said that you refilled the cups. Well I am doing that too. I think I need the stronger foil though to make a tighter seal. We plan on getting the filter to brew our own too. We only use the Brita water, as per the instructions.
So long story short WE LOVE IT!!!!
Just one question though, for those of you who have one, do you leave it closed or keep it opened? I know if it's closed it keeps the water hot and always ready, but when it's closed the lights keep flashing and that drives me nuts lol, so we leave it opened to avoid that.
So if anyone else is thinking of getting a Keruig; I highly reccomend it. So, come on over and have a cup lol.
Have a great sunny happy day.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Actually..we keep the top Closed..ALSO we turn the pot Off if not going to make coffee agin for several hrs.
Water heats up quickly..We love it!!was a chrisrmas present Xmas..2012..Use water from the refrigerator..it is filtered.

Thanks for the invite..too old to travel will be with you in spirit

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love Mine Too and thanks for the tips on reusing the cups. My hunny made a funny at me when I bought mine he said" For the price it should also bring the coffee to ya." LOL But I love it and i paid for it SO...

·
Registered
790 Posts
We have one at work, and it's great! Check the water level. The light will flash if the water is low.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one we have is LED and it tells you when to add water and when to descale. You can program it too, but I just have the clock set.
rpuhrmann said:
We have one at work, and it's great! Check the water level. The light will flash if the water is low.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
CrystalP said:
We went shopping as usual on Saturday. Canadian Tire had the Keruig Second Edition on sale for $129.99, reg $159.99 so we finally got it. It has 3 different cup sizes and a very large water resevior. We got some K-cups to go with it although it came with 18 assorted cups. I drink my coffee black, and at first the coffee seemed a bit strong, but it grew on me.
I remember posting about Keurig to see what experiences you all had, and some of you said that you refilled the cups. Well I am doing that too. I think I need the stronger foil though to make a tighter seal. We plan on getting the filter to brew our own too. We only use the Brita water, as per the instructions.
Just one question though, for those of you who have one, do you leave it closed or keep it opened? I know if it's closed it keeps the water hot and always ready, but when it's closed the lights keep flashing and that drives me nuts lol, so we leave it opened to avoid that.
So if anyone else is thinking of getting a Keruig; I highly reccomend it. So, come on over and have a cup lol.
I'll jump in the car and come right over. Should be able to make it in a week or so.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I LOVE my Keurig! You don't need to refill the cups though, you can buy a little insert that you fill with ground coffee (easy to use).

Also, Big Lot's carries the K-Kups at a much lower price than most other places (18 count box for a price lower than the grocery stores sell the 12 count boxes for). If you live near a Bed, Bath & Beyond and get their 20% off coupons in the mail..use them for K-Kups!

Don't forget to sign up at the Keurig website for special offers too........

Good grief I sound like a spokesperson don't I?

I really enjoy a quality cup of coffee and even have my own espresso/latte machine, so I'm a little picky. Keurig coffee makers are the FIRST one's I've really been impressed by (outside of Italian made espresso machines that is).

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
my husband wants one. We have an under the counter coffee maker plus Breville Espresso/Cappuccino maker as well.

My sister has an amazing machine. It grinds the coffee and brews it with the push of a button. She got a floor model for about $1500. It makes Expresso, Cappuccino and Americana. I will have to wait for the price to come down first to get one but I am keeping my eyes open for an amazing price. I like my Breville but when making coffee for a crowd I could be there forever. Even making some for my kids, husband and me takes a while so I just use the regular coffee pot.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I feel like I just read an infomercial lol. We do plan on getting the little coffee filter thingy, but for now we, well I am refilling the cups.
courier770 said:
I LOVE my Keurig! You don't need to refill the cups though, you can buy a little insert that you fill with ground coffee (easy to use).

Also, Big Lot's carries the K-Kups at a much lower price than most other places (18 count box for a price lower than the grocery stores sell the 12 count boxes for). If you live near a Bed, Bath & Beyond and get their 20% off coupons in the mail..use them for K-Kups!

I really enjoy a quality cup of coffee and even have my own espresso/latte machine, so I'm a little picky. Keurig coffee makers are the FIRST one's I've really been impressed by (outside of Italian made espresso machines that is).

·
Registered
435 Posts
courier770 said:

I think I sound like that spokesperson, too! Try the Coffee Club that Keurig has. You can usually receive discounts on the larger K-cup packs. These are generally 22 or 24 in a box. Timothy's, Van Houtte, Green Mountain and The Coffee People (Makers of Donut Shop Varieties) all sell through this site and the larger boxes are a good deal when you have decided on favorite flavors. Enjoy!
MMC

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
regarding the flashing light
about 40 years ago I drove a Triumph Herald coupe, the oil light kept flashing, even with oil top ups. It was so annoying I just stuck some duct tape over it, it didn't annoy me any more.
As for coffee, I just love my plunger, low tech really good coffee

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
While the Coffee Club has some good deals, look around there are better deals to be had!

For those of you who are thinks we Keurig fans are crazy. I'm divorced, live alone and because I only have one Kidney I really do have to watch my Caffeine intake. The temptation to make a "whole pot" of coffee with a regular coffee maker is just too hard for me. I'm able to watch my caffeine intake this way.

It's also more economical for me to make that one cup when I want one cup, not a whole pot that I'll end up throwing half of it away and drinking the other half that I shouldn't!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I know I can buy one of those empty kups and put in my own coffee... but that seems to defeat a major part of the purpose for me.

I know these k-kups can be expensive and wasteful. But part of me does want it because I can just throw in the ready-made pod, push a button and as quick as a wink I'm ready to go.

I don't want to have to fiddle with filling a pod.

Lazy, yes... but that was part of the appeal.... the "quickie" nature of the process.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
CrystalP said:
Just put some black tape over the lights, voila... no more annoying lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom