Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a hard time finding time to knit/crochet. Love this site, read all the post..... Maybe that is why I don't have time to work on my projects.. Need to set limits
Chags

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
I carry a project with me everywhere I go. It is amazing how much I can get done when watching a kids sports, music or dance practice or sitting in carpool line. I work while watching tv, talking on the phone, whenever I have a few minutes. My problem is getting on sites and printing off patterns. If I ever make everything I have a pattern for, my house will be nothing but knit items stacked from floor to ceiling LOL

·
Registered
104 Posts
hi I am just getting into this chat, I have a project that will take me years to complete.
I want to make a quilt, afghan, table cloth, large doiley for each of my 8 grand children. I am about 1/2 way there. LOL just keep plugging along. OH these items will be put away till I have gone to my heavenly reward, then my grands will know the GG thought and prayered for them all through this endever

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
susanmjackson said:
I carry a project with me everywhere I go. It is amazing how much I can get done when watching a kids sports, music or dance practice or sitting in carpool line. I work while watching tv, talking on the phone, whenever I have a few minutes. My problem is getting on sites and printing off patterns. If I ever make everything I have a pattern for, my house will be nothing but knit items stacked from floor to ceiling LOL
Me too. ROFLOL! Now I'm retired my DH does most of the driving, so I always grab a bag for the ride. I try not to print patterns unless I intend to make them soon - now i just save them in computer. I have hundreds!!! However I think there a silver lining, - I don't buy much anymore becaue I keep thinking I can make that!!!!
Anyway have to go now I computer tells me I have been here on for 1 hour and 49 minutes and 49 seconds. I try to get up at least every hour and move..or I'll be stiff and cranky.

·
Registered
153 Posts
susanmjackson said:
Boy isn't that the truth. I wish I were more organized too. I know I have a pattern for "that" if I could just remember where I stored it!! lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am trying to get all my knit patterns in a 3 ring binder and then the crocheted ones. LOL the word is try. I can't bend very much and if I sit to long my hip tells me to get up. So I try a bit every day, and sooner or later I may get them in places where I can find them. OH my documents have loads of patterns too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right now my I am knitting so much that my reading is suffering. I had a sweater that I started probably at least 10 years ago and I finally finished it in 2009 after I retired. Maybe Ii'll get it out one of these days and take a picture for you guys. I was quite proud of it. All we can do is keep on trucking. As I said, I read a lot too, so finding time for both is hard. Is anyone a member of Paperbackswap. It's a wonderful site for trading books.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I belong to knit clubs and we all try to knit something every day. Some knit X numer of inches, others X minutes or other devices to help us get some knitting in each day, whether it's riding in a car or waiting in line, or for an app't. We all try to keep a small project in the car or bag with us.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I don't have a problem shoehorning knitting into my daily life (as I always carry a portable knitting project with me - even to work, love that lunch hour). My bigger problem is trying to find time for spinning or quilting. I can walk and knit..but haven't figured out how to walk and spin or quilt!

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I print out all my patterns and have them in a binder. One section is for afghans, another for baby and so forth. But i'm always on the computer looking for more to print out..I start knitting a project but takes me forever to finish it. Its like I lose interest but my intentions r good. So now what????? lol how do I keep my interest going on a project?

·
Registered
104 Posts
my hubby knows if we are going to drive a 1/2 hour to get someplace I will have my fingers going. I just found a waffle knit baby afghan, gonna start that as soon as my crocheted sweater is done. Busy finger keep the evil one away. LOL :)

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I do short projects. The sad thing is I love to knit. Especially when travelling. I started a scarf a week ago and i only have 4 inches done on it. Its a good thing its for next year (it might get done by then).lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have patterns and high hopes all over my house. I want so much to be able to sit home and knit everyday, but alas, I must work to pay the bills. I must say that knitting is a great comfort when I've had a hard day. I come home and my needles and project are waiting for me, just like an old friend. I must agree with susanmjackson...although if I made everything I have a pattern for I would have to purchase ANOTHER house! lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
If one would never die till all the craafts I want to do are done...LOL I would never die.
Now that is a prospect I would not like. this country is in such a mess it's scaring me.
Hope we don't get taxed on our yarn or needles..SMILE
Have a blessed day

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
We are taxed on our needles and yarn! We pay taxes at the check out line, we pay taxes on the homes we knit in. Many states are now taxing their residents on purchases made over the internet from other states!

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I knit when I watch TV...keeps me from eating. I also knit in the car (when I'm NOT driving), when I travel and at lunch at work. I chair a ministry at our church called Yarn for Yhwh. We have a designated time to meet and knit for about 2 hours 2x a month and there we can help each other with issues in our patterns or stitches. Since I'm knitting "for the Lord," I also knit during church services. No one has asked me to put up my needles yet. I complete medium sized projects in about 1-2 weeks. I carry my knit bag with me almost everywhere I go. I actually feel lost without it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom