Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I have a problem...I have tried to use some fingering yarn (sock yarn it was called) that I bought @ Tuesday Morning. It is like string. Like the old crochet cotten yarn on a ball.I cannot for the life of me get anything knit with this stuff. I use correct needle size 0 or 1, but what I knit looks like a kindergartener knit it. Can't get socks to look right...tried a scarf which called for sock yarn and it looked a mess too. Is it me or could it possibly be the yarn. I'm at my wits end with this stuff. Ready to put in garbage. Of course I don't have the band that came on either skein:( Just wondering if anyone else has had difficulty with knitting this or similar stuff. Thanks for letting me vent.

It could be the yarn that is giving you the problem.

Buy a different brand sock yarn to see if that works better for you.
It could be that the Tuesday Morning yarn is a one ply. That would give you a very different look.

Good luck

Not sure which yarn it is, but sounds like it must be the yarn. If you don't like the looks on the small needles maybe try using really large ones and make a lacy scarf or a market bag if it is cotton. Or try doubling it if you have enough yarn

Weeeeeelllllllllll-it could be the yarn or it could be you. :cry: Sometimes it seems that a yarn just doesn't want to be used in any way whatsoever; and sometimes it's just that I don't know what to use it for.
I've had that happen at times and find putting it away and finding something else to work up is the best method. Usually at some later time I figure out a way to do a project-sometimes I've had to combine it with another and go in a completely different direction.
Good luck-I'm sure eventually you will conquer the bad boy yarn.

:) :thumbup:

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I agree with all these comments!! The market bag sound good!! It has to be a one ply for sure. Nasty stuff and the balls are HUGH...or so it seems when I'm trying to get rid of it! I hate to waste it but I'm ready to see a shrink over this stuff and that's dumb!! Thanks ladies!! Appreciate your friendship and your advice.

Don't feel bad. I have a Nylon cone that I cannot do anything with. Seriously thinking about letting people PM me for future use on their knitting machines/sock loom. Or just wait until I get a sock loom and finish it off!

find a different pattern and use a larger needle size. Don't let this darn yarn get the better of you... I think you said it was huge so rewinding it by hand is probably out of the question lots of times when there is a problem with the skein of yarn is because its backwards...I have run into this before and with most yarns it doesn't matter but with some its a pain to work with..

Find a pretty and easy lace scarf to make and then give them as gifts...:) knit a garter stitch scarf.. fast and easy... it will look great and you won't have any YO's or decreases to deal with... I am useing a skein of yarn I bought in those pound skeins... I bought 2 of them and I swear I will never get them used up in my lifetime :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom