Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am not sure if above description is correct but basically I am looking for a pattern for a pair of mittens where the finger tip part comes off and lays on main part of hand. I also don't want the fuss of knitting in the fingers, just straight across at the knuckles.

I am looking to knit these as Christmas gifts

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
If you have access to a Library you might check to see if they 101 Designer one-skein Wonders edited by Judith Durant ISBN 978-1-58017-688-0. There is a pattern for the mittens you are looking for. I made two pairs last Christmas from a free pattern I got from Pattern Works made from Betton wool ordered from then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for your guidance and pointing me in the right direction for a pattern for fingers mittens. I am pleased to say that I have sourced on from the Craftsy website.

·
Registered
323 Posts
bimsonr said:
Hi I am not sure if above description is correct but basically I am looking for a pattern for a pair of mittens where the finger tip part comes off and lays on main part of hand. I also don't want the fuss of knitting in the fingers, just straight across at the knuckles.

I made these for my daughter. They are really easy and very pretty.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
bimsonr said:

Try googling ''glommit'' and see what you find.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Pattern book available at many craft stores called "MORE than Socks!" using Red Heart's Heart and Sole yarn has patterns for fingerless mittens with or without the fold-over top. Also scarves, hats, vests, a Teddy Bear, and some socks, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom