Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my first crocheting project!! :) I made a scarf for my 5 year old! It took me several days as i kept missing stitches and had to keep unraveling and restarting.. once i got the hang of it, i was able to finish in a few hours! My son loves it.. he shows it off to the other little kids in his kindergarten class "look what my mommy made"! which makes me so happy! Now that im starting to get the knack of it again i cant wait to start my next project! going to the yarn store this friday for a few supplies. i cant believe how addicting crocheting and knitting is. my usual nights after the rmonster is in bed used to be just sitting on the couch watching movies.. now that im making stuff again and ran out of yarn i am so bored with out my ball of yarn next to me. going to knit some fingered gloves and crank out some hats cuz here in jersey there is snow on the ground already. Also if any one in the Jersey City area wants to link up and help make some stuff for Hurricane Sandy victims PM me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks :) no pictures yet unfortunately, we just moved and my camera is still in a box or bag somewhere.. god only knows when ill find it... and believe it or not is still do not have a smartphone! still with my trusty old flip phone from back in the day.. my motto if it aint broke dont fix it!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hello it must make you feel so happy to know your son really likes the scarf. My brother lives in Oregon I'm in Ohio I knitted a couple for him last yr he told me last night he's allready worn them a few times and everytime he wears it he thinks of me and prays . I have a very dear online friend in Morristown New Jersey he hasn't been online since before the storm he did manage to let his online friends know he was ok but still was without power I hope everything gets back to normal for everyone over there .. are you anywhere near that area? a 5ft tree was hit hard on his property to thank goodness no one was hurt. Have fun crocheting and knitting stay safe..

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
modernmamaNJ said:
Finished my first crocheting project!! :) I made a scarf for my 5 year old! It took me several days as i kept missing stitches and had to keep unraveling and restarting.. once i got the hang of it, i was able to finish in a few hours! My son loves it.. he shows it off to the other little kids in his kindergarten class "look what my mommy made"! which makes me so happy! Now that im starting to get the knack of it again i cant wait to start my next project! going to the yarn store this friday for a few supplies. i cant believe how addicting crocheting and knitting is. my usual nights after the rmonster is in bed used to be just sitting on the couch watching movies.. now that im making stuff again and ran out of yarn i am so bored with out my ball of yarn next to me. going to knit some fingered gloves and crank out some hats cuz here in jersey there is snow on the ground already. Also if any one in the Jersey City area wants to link up and help make some stuff for Hurricane Sandy victims PM me!
You sound just like I did when I began. My advice is keep going and keep learning. There is so much to make out there. Also you can make anything. My children bragged to their friends also when I went back to knitting. I felt sooo happy and still do when they like what I do.

Have fun. Keep learning. Look for coupons, don't be afraid of local yarn stores because their yarn is good and not that expensive, learn from this Forum.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I remember that thrill so well as it was only last year that I returned to knitting after a gap of about 20 years. I knitted a scarf/shawl and loved it so much, everyone got one for Christmas. I haven't stopped since and I love it!! Welcome to the world of knit and yarnaholics! You'll be knitting Gypsycream's bears in no time.

Happy knitting!

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
I love when our children find out that we have talent. Even my 26 year old son loves to tell his friends that 'My Mom made this'. He has me make things for his buddies too..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom