Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have knitted strips for an afghan and now I have to either sew or crochet them together. What do you suggest? The strips are knitted n the chevron pattern.
shula

·
Registered
467 Posts
I never, ever, ever sew anything together :) I would suggest that you slst them together with your crochet hook from the wrong side. This goes very quickly and is easier to take out if necessary than whip stitching.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
darski said:
I never, ever, ever sew anything together :) I would suggest that you slst them together with your crochet hook from the wrong side. This goes very quickly and is easier to take out if necessary than whip stitching.
thank you so much. crocheting them together seems like a faster method for me to do. I appreciate your fast response. I have been attempting to finish this afghan for a very long time as I have become very bored with it.
shula

·
Registered
21 Posts
I HATE sewing/crocheting things together too. So, I knit the entire thing in one piece. If strips are 30 sts wide and you need 5 just cast on 150. Yes it gets big and it is not as portable as a single strip...but when you're done you are really done. This would not work for every afghan, such as if strips are different colors.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pec243 said:
I usually put 3 or so garter sts between the patterns as a border.
Too bad I didn't make the afghan all together, but I have 8 strips to put together so this time I will join them by crocheting. Thanks for all the tips.
shula

·
Registered
697 Posts
I am finishing up an afghan for a charity auction. Each square was supposed to be 8x8, well, I guess there are different ways to measure inches in this world, Last night, after spending a week stitching squares together into long strips of 10 squares per strip....I find that my ends don't meet, so I wound up frogging out the too big squares. Now I am wondering if crocheting the strips together would be easier, I'm thinking if I were a better crocheter maybe, but at this point I am whip stitching the strips together, and hoping they all match,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom