1 - 20 of 106 Posts

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Consider putting scales down his back too. I thought it would be too much for a 4 year old, however, I am mailing them to my daughter and if she would prefer them, she can stitch them on.
I used the tail pattern to make the scales but, only did the increases until there was 13 stitches.
For the teeth, I did the same but, only went to 9 stitches then removed them to another needle until I have 4 of them. Then picked them all up and knit 2 row and did a BO.
The pattern calls for them to be made of felt but, I liked knitting them up better.

· Registered
2,320 Posts
cute!!!!!

· Registered
11,389 Posts
OOOO I just got a wicked idea...I have a pattern for "dragon skin" scarf...If I knit his body out of that it would look like scales...in say a dark gray/green...black ears..tail...nostrils...yup that's a plan!

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do read the pattern - as it is supposed to be a scaly pattern.
You can see it in the varigated yarn but, its hard to see it in the pic.

· Registered
3,434 Posts
You did a wonderful job on this. I even printed your pictures. I like the way you did the teeth, but what is a BO? I really think your dragon is cuter than the pattern. Did you use camoflage yarn? Now I have to go into the site and see what other patterns they have.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Grandma Jo said:
You did a wonderful job on this. I even printed your pictures. I like the way you did the teeth, but what is a BO? I really think your dragon is cuter than the pattern. Did you use camoflage yarn? Now I have to go into the site and see what other patterns they have.
Thank you for the compliments.
BO - meaning bind off .
Yes, I did use a camouflage yarn for the upper body, then a solid green for the tail, ears, and eyes. The pattern does have a repeat of like 10 rows, that does give it a "scaly" effect but, I just like the camouflage yarn choice better. For the fire, I used a school bus yellow, red and then a red eyelash yarn and made an I cord.
I had never made I cord before and it was pretty simple, now I am using it on lots of things.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mollie said:
My husband's a dragon kind of guy. He'd love one of those!
My husband is the one wearing it in the top pic. He loved the camouflage yarn and loved watching it come together. I have not knit probably the last 14 years or so so he was intrigued to watch it emerge. I need to get it into the mail to my grandson before my husband confiscates it.! Lol

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom