Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Your working yarn should be at the end of the 30 purled sts. These are the sts you should cast off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for responding, but I am still confused. If I turn my work, my working yarn is on the wrong needle (I think). I can't believe I'm so confused. It was going so well :(

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
If you were working in the round, you will now be working back and forth. So just bind off the sts as they sit with the working yarn on the left needle.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
I really think the "turn work" is in the wrong place. And you only have 120 stitches so this is what I would do:

Round 69: (handle set up): K 15, (this is the first half of the first handle), Cast off 30 stitches purlwise, slip the next 30 stitches to a holder, remember you have one already from your casting off,(these 30 stitches are all of the second handle stitches) cast off 30, purlwise. You have 15 stitches still unknitted from the round, but you can now start the handle instructions on these 15 stitches and the 15 you first knitted in this round.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
Hilary4 said:
I really think the "turn work" is in the wrong place. And you only have 120 stitches so this is what I would do:

Round 69: (handle set up): K 15, (this is the first half of the first handle), Cast off 30 stitches purlwise, slip the next 30 stitches to a holder, remember you have one already from your casting off,(these 30 stitches are all of the second handle stitches) cast off 30, purlwise. You have 15 stitches still unknitted from the round, but you can now start the handle instructions on these 15 stitches and the 15 you first knitted in this round.
I'm sure you are right.
Cute avatar,by the way.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Hobo bag instructions read " (handle set up) k15, p30, slip next 30 stitches to a holder, turn work & cast off 30". Am I casting off stitches from holder??

You are knitting the first 15 sts, purling the 30 sts (your yarn will be at the end of these 30 purl sts)

Now, you are going to put the next 30 sts on a stitch holder. You don't actually knit them, just when you come to them you put them on a holder.

Now you will go back to the end of the 30 purl stitches, where your yarn is, and bind them off.

This is the way I read the pattern.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do I bind them off? The 30 stitches on the holder separate (are in the middle of) my end of P stitches and the stitches on my left needle??? I feel like a knit-wit :?:

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I believe, no matter what type of needle you are using or how you are knitting (straight needles, back and forth; or circular needles, in the round) at this point you will be working back and forth. You will just turn as if you are at the end of the row and bind off the first 30 stitches on your "now left hand" needle. Does this make sense?

Pm me if you can't make sense of my post.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom