Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started these when husband was going into heart surgery so I could pass the time. Had the cuff band done but that's it. I'm finally finishing them. This is one, it's mate is almost done. Pattern is Caledonian Mist, Yarn is Mondial Surf. It's 100% mercerized cotton. Have no idea where I got it from.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,809 Posts
Woodsywife said:
I started these when husband was going into heart surgery so I could pass the time. Had the cuff band done but that's it. I'm finally finishing them. This is one, it's mate is almost done. Pattern is Caledonian Mist, Yarn is Mondial Surf. It's 100% mercerized cotton. Have no idea where I got it from.
That is a pretty sock. Nice that you are finishing. I hope all went well with his surgery then and he is well now.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Once, I complete one sock, to me, the second one seems such a task, so I started knitting them at the same time. I do them on separate needles-haven't mastered the same needle, yet. Yours is nice-I like the pattern.

Vickie

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
That is a handsome looking sock, for sure! I like the pattern on the cuff and the colors are very pretty. I will have to look it up. I just started a new “car” sock and inhale been looking for a different pattern. This just may be IT. Everywhere we go is at least a 40 minute drive so I like to have a sock to keep my hands and mind occupied while hubby drives. ????. Thanks for sharing your new sock. An excellent “make”.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JoRae said:
That is a pretty sock. Nice that you are finishing. I hope all went well with his surgery then and he is well now.
He is well now. Touch and go for awhile. Went to Dr for sleep apnea referral, was admitted to hospital instead, transferred to more advanced hospital. Hospitalized whole month of July possibility of needing heart transplant. However, surgeons were able to do quadruple bypass. His age and being fit was in his favor.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vlsg56 said:
Once, I complete one sock, to me, the second one seems such a task, so I started knitting them at the same time. I do them on separate needles-haven't mastered the same needle, yet. Yours is nice-I like the pattern.

Vickie
That's what I do. The pattern is easy, but I messed up enough to frog a few times.

·
Registered
17,809 Posts
Woodsywife said:
He is well now. Touch and go for awhile. Went to Dr for sleep apnea referral, was admitted to hospital instead, transferred to more advanced hospital. Hospitalized whole month of July possibility of needing heart transplant. However, surgeons were able to do quadruple bypass. His age and being fit was in his favor.
That is good news. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. My hubby had a quadruple bypass 3 years ago. He has done well.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MaryCarter said:
Lovely sock, and just out of curiosity, do they stay up if you use mercerised cotton........does it stretch?
I don't know yet. It has a little stretch. But they can't fall to much as I do short leg. I do not know much about all the different fibers out there. I thought this would be stronger than plain cotton like you use for dishcloths.

I have done this pattern before and had no problem.

I buy yarn based on color and fingerweight or dk.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JoRae said:
That is good news. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. My hubby had a quadruple bypass 3 years ago. He has done well.
So glad he is doing well. Did you notice any change in mental behaviour (lack of better word) ? I'm having a tough time dealing with it, it's better but still not right.

·
Registered
17,809 Posts
Woodsywife said:
So glad he is doing well. Did you notice any change in mental behaviour (lack of better word) ? I'm having a tough time dealing with it, it's better but still not right.
Yes, he was depressed and anxious. He had nightmares that everything would come undone or that he might have a heart attack. His doc helped him through it. Therapy can help but he did not have to go that far. Hang in there and seek help if he doesn't start to get back to more normal. Or, at least talk with his doctor to see what is normal at this stage in healing and a time line for recovery to ease your mind.

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
Woodsywife said:
I don't know yet. It has a little stretch. But they can't fall to much as I do short leg. I do not know much about all the different fibers out there. I thought this would be stronger than plain cotton like you use for dishcloths.

I have done this pattern before and had no problem.

I buy yarn based on color and fingerweight or dk.
Thank you for letting me know...very much appreciated. I have a ton of mercerised cotton and I would love to be able to use it for socks as I live in the tropics and they would be cooler.

·
Registered
29,962 Posts
Woodsywife said:
Will you be knitting the other one, now?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom