Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
They are very nice socks. Can you provide a link to the pattern for the second sock?

That's all the rage now. Mismatched socks. My DD and GD's always wear mismatched socks. I saw their friends they were playing with wearing mismatched ones also.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am sorry I did not include all the information. The striped and blue sock both have mates on the needles now. I was just trying to make one sock to prove to myself I could do it before opening the Schoppel yarn dwagner directed us to. I am not sure I am gonna get my stripes to match as this was before Amy's tutorial on matching stripes and I had a mess with one of the balls. I tried to line the colors up but it just doesn't and since this is my first not gonna beat myself up. Now on new ones I make, I will be very particular. The pattern was Sockit2me's Tutorial on how to make socks on a 12" circular and is still under the swap, kal tutorial...look up watched or active topics and you should see his and Amy's pattern. Pat Springer's pattern is on You Tube...how to make a sock on a 9" circular (though I prefer the 12". If you can't get any .of these just let me know (PM me). I used Regia Clown Rings for the stripped sock (Amazon.com has it in 50 gm balls. You will need two. I just used some baby sport weight yarn I had for the first one to learn. Good for slippers or bed socks. If I can do it you can do it and Eric and Amy have step by step instructions with pictures...have never seen a better one. It is so easy to follow. They are my gurus in knitting. Good Luck and God Bless...Betty

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
You are right--mismatched socks are all the rage! Saw a pair in a catalogue that was $20 and they weren't very cute and were all acrylic yarn. Your socks, however, are very pretty, especially the striped ones. Great work! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom