Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Not new to knitting, but fairly new to the world of computers.
Most people I know have a PC, I have an IMAC. I got my knitting pictures as far as iphoto, but I haven't figured out how to post them to KP. Anybody out there who could help?????

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Wally-the-bear said:
Don't let the computer get to you!
Following are instructions from this site on :

How to Post a Picture
Hopefully this helps you.
- Click "Create New Topic" for a new topic or "Reply" for posting in an existing topic.
- Type in the text of your message.
- Preview the text (if you want). You can skip previewing.
- Once you are ready to attach a picture, click the "Browse" button (below).
- Select the image file on your computer and hit OK/Open button in the file dialog.
- Enter the description of the file in the respective field (left).
- Do not click the Preview button once your images are attached. Otherwise, they'll get discarded.
- Click "Send" to submit your post along with the picture.
- If uploading large images, then after clicking the Send button please allow some time for the image upload to complete. Your browser would indicate that the operation is still in progress.

Make sure your picture is in JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG format. Otherwise, it will be added as a file attachment without being displayed on the page.

On the other hand, if you are attaching a picture using the steps outlined above, then no need to worry about image size. The board will resize it automatically.

If for some reason your pics didn't go through, then please don't create another post for the same images. Instead, click "Add New Attachment" link at the bottom and try adding your image files again.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Greetings and welcome from central Florida! I lived in Albion MI for two very pleasant years; lovely state. Don't let the computer intimidate you - there is a learning curve but you WILL master it as time goes on. And you will love it here on this forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all for the incouragement. I have had the computer for a few years but I do have some issues with it. ha ha
I said there are some things that some people should never have and I figured mine was the computer. But I don't give up. That is like knitting and crocheting, I never give up.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome to the forum - great group!
Know what you're going through with computer! What button
did I push - oh no!!!!
You'll do fine and with this forum your computer skills will
definitely improve!
Happy knitting!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
absolutely not intimidating. Everyone is so kind, helpful and patient! Just ask if you have a question, I guarantee someone will be there to help you in minutes. (I had a question and was help within 5 minutes) Welcome from PA

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
welcome from Oregon... computers will always be a wonder because they are always upgrading and making things "easier" LOL thats a laugh... I could manuver around my first computer.. it was a windows 97... and this one has taken me years to learn.. but of course if it has taken me this long then the computer is OUTDATED...LOL and time for a new one already... you will get the basics and be just fine.. just ask lots of questions..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom