Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to knit the Fleegle Heel using DPNs rather than Magic Loop?

I got the newsletter from http://knitfreedom.com/socks/fleegle-heel?awt_l=MYSZl&awt_m=3YOSrk_Up2tOn9Jin my email today and thought this kind of heel looked like something I'd like to try. Has anyone done that?

But, I despise Magic Loop - yes, I gave it a good try and was able to do it but I dislike all that pulling through and long cable flapping when DPNs are so easy (at least for me - to each her own). I noticed someone else had asked that question on her blog but there was no useful reply.

· Registered
5,835 Posts
As long as you have 4 working needles and knit with the 5th, you should have no problem, the magic loop divides the stitches in half and works on heel, when using 4 working needles it is easy to do the same thing.

· Registered
13,837 Posts
I knit socks and hats with two (2) matched-size circulars. DPNs are nice but are better for scarves and lace (and holding thread/yarn for cables).

· Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much. I'm ready to give it a try, although I may still prefer Cat's tomato heel. The circs, whether one or two, are just too slow and clunky for me. I can fly with my 5 DPNs. Isn't it good there are so many different choices for us? I love to try new things - and sometimes the new one is better!

· Registered
13,837 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom