Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking through different sites to find an adult floppy hat with a brim to wear when i'm on the boat. I see all kinds of cute ones for children and babies or they are crocheted. Does anyone have any ideas to where I can find a knitted one? I would appreciate the help.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( Buttos: Pop into a search:

knit adult floppy sun hat pattern

I see some adult sizes in there and don't know which one you'd prefer.

Donna Rae

buttons said:
i've been looking through different sites to find an adult floppy hat with a brim to wear when i'm on the boat. I see all kinds of cute ones for children and babies or they are crocheted. Does anyone have any ideas to where I can find a knitted one? I would appreciate the help.

·
Registered
20,519 Posts
buttons said:
Buttons I made one & the brim is held with flexible millinary wire. Let me look thru my many patterns & I will post it for you.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
There is a brimmed hat on the chemo cap website that I have made many times-I usually add a couple of extra rows to make the brim wider.

·
Registered
20,519 Posts
kneonknitter said:
buttons said:
Buttons I made one & the brim is held with flexible millinary wire. Let me look thru my many patterns & I will post it for you.
I found the pattern.
http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/windansea/windansea.html

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
That is a drop dead gorgeous hat. I am not an intermediate knitter but you can bet I'm going to try for it anyway. It will have to be down several projects on my list but I have the yarn sitting in the basket. Great summer project Thanks kneonknitte for the location of the pattern. Cathryn

·
Registered
3,061 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much Mary. I love the hats and if you find that one you're talking about i would appreciate you sending it. There all great. At least I'll have a few patterns to choose from. On the first one, is that wire through the brim and if so would I have to use wire or can I just let it flop...lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom