Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to knit the scarf pattern but am having trouble with row 2 It is a Verdigris pattern on Ravelry by Sarah Burton.
The 2 pattern rows are as follows changing colour every 2 rows I hope to use some of my half balls of yar to make scaeves for a charity shop.
Row 1 p1 * knit1. slp1Wyif knit1 p1 + repeat to end of row
Row 2 knit1*slp1Wyib p1 slp1Wyib k1 * repeat to the end of the row the first slip st on row 2 cannot have the wrap round it because it is already at the back
Thank you for any help you can give me I am sure it is something quite simple but I am having a senior moment
regards leena.

·
Premium Member
81,260 Posts
leena said:
I am trying to knit the scarf pattern but am having trouble with row 2 It is a Verdigris pattern on Ravelry by Sarah Burton.
The 2 pattern rows are as follows changing colour every 2 rows I hope to use some of my half balls of yar to make scaeves for a charity shop.
Row 1 p1 * knit1. slp1Wyif knit1 p1 + repeat to end of row
Row 2 knit1*slp1Wyib p1 slp1Wyib k1 * repeat to the end of the row

The first slip st on row 2 cannot have the wrap round it because it is already at the back
Thank you for any help you can give me I am sure it is something quite simple but I am having a senior moment
regards leena.
http://www.verdigrisknits.com/2010/12/new-super-scarves-pattern-fluted-rib.html
Thank you for pointing out this interesting pattern. I have a question for you: Where does it say to wrap round any stitch?

On row 1, every time you slip a stitch, the yarn is held towards your body (in front of the needle) while you slip the stitch as though to purl.

On row 2, every time you slip a stitch, the yarn is held away from your body (in back of the needle) while you slip the stitch as though to purl.

Nowhere is there any instruction to wrap anything.

Have fun. If it's as late where you are as it is here (3:30 AM), maybe you should take a break from the knitting until you're more rested? It'll make sense.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry I didn't give all the intructions. It says bring the yarn from back to the front then slip the stitch purlways then take the yarn back from the front to the back and then continue. the scarf uses 33 sts and each pattern is over 4sts.hope this helps if you decide to knit this pattern.regards leena

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
leena said:
sorry I didn't give all the intructions. It says bring the yarn from back to the front then slip the stitch purlways then take the yarn back from the front to the back and then continue. the scarf uses 33 sts and each pattern is over 4sts.hope this helps if you decide to knit this pattern.regards leena
Perhaps with the instruction for the abbreviations she is just clarifying the position of the yarn for slipping the stitch since both WYIF and WYIB are used in this pattern.
I would assume (if I were knitting this) that if yarn was already in correct position to just continue the stitch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried this pattern 15 times--it is very screwy and the stitch counts are off, especially on the tapered ends. The author stated she did not test knit her instructions. Maybe that's what she should do!! I've knit brioche and her pattern mixes lace with brioche. 2 totally different concepts which would be fine but how do you offer a pattern (on ravelry & on her site) without test knit & tech edit??? Duh! Pattern makes no sense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LinJay said:
I tried this pattern 15 times--it is very screwy and the stitch counts are off, especially on the tapered ends. The author stated she did not test knit her instructions. Maybe that's what she should do!! I've knit brioche and her pattern mixes lace with brioche. 2 totally different concepts which would be fine but how do you offer a pattern (on ravelry & on her site) without test knit & tech edit??? Duh! Pattern makes no sense.
I'm sorry, I am referring to Burton's 'cause and effect' scarf. Not the fluted ribbed scarf!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom