Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a fairly new knitter, but have made a lot of progress in the last two years. I have tried to work some patterns with repeats of a few different stitches. My problem is that I get "lost" reading across the rows and end up with too few or two many stitches, etc. I have tried moving post -it's, marks on paper, etc. Stitch markers don't work well either if the pattern is not lined up exactly in the next rows. I keep feeling like there is an obvious solution I am missing. Can anyone offer suggestions please?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( I copy and paste the pattern into an e-mail (not word doc) where possible, change the horizontal format into verticals make paragraphing between each row, put the link and pic with it, make it bold a bold and reasonably sized font.

I then send it to myself, othere, too then file it in folders after I print it off.

I then use pencil tic marks on the repeats and also use stick-it notes, stitchmarkers, etc., when working the pattern.

If you're got a pattern there you're working on, send it to me in a private message, include your isp e-mail address and I can rewrite it for you and you'll see what I mean = totally more readable and 100 % more likely to stay where one should be not to mention staying accurate on the repeats; Verify before moving on.

TTYL!
~~~~~~~~~
Mpetrueng said:
I am a fairly new knitter, but have made a lot of progress in the last two years. I have tried to work some patterns with repeats of a few different stitches. My problem is that I get "lost" reading across the rows and end up with too few or two many stitches, etc. I have tried moving post -it's, marks on paper, etc. Stitch markers don't work well either if the pattern is not lined up exactly in the next rows. I keep feeling like there is an obvious solution I am missing. Can anyone offer suggestions please?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom