Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have or going to get the row counter to go with your Bond I have directions to make a Trip wire for it. I don't understand why it is they make the counter without the part it takes to trip it as you knit. If interested let me know and I can email it to you. All it takes is a large paper clip and a pair of needle nose pliers.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
I have one of the row counters, and it works fine without any additional parts. I just put it on the back of the bed, and every time the carriage passes the row counter, it increases by 1.

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flower_power said:
I have one of the row counters, and it works fine without any additional parts. I just put it on the back of the bed, and every time the carriage passes the row counter, it increases by 1.
Well how did you get so lucky? Mine doesn't work that way without a trip wire put on it and I had to make one.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Ultimate Sweater Machine has a small tripper molded into the back of the carriage, but the Sweater Machine, with the wire guard on the front of it, does not have anything to trip the row counter. I have both types of carriage for my Bond knitting machines.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Actually, I'd like to see your invention. I have the USM and the row counter, and have just about giving up using it, because I cannot in any way trust the numbers on the counter. Sometimes it counts every row, sometimes it counts only every other row. I still end up counting - "proofing" - every row before I go to the next step in the project.

·
Registered
51 Posts
tesshoffman,

You have to make sure that your carriage tripper is going past the flip switch on the row counter in order for it to count the rows. If you don't pass completely through the flip switch it won't count it. That can happen on short rows where you might not have to go back so far but you need to just to count that row. (learned from experience) :thumbup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
cathy47 said:
If you have or going to get the row counter to go with your Bond I have directions to make a Trip wire for it. I don't understand why it is they make the counter without the part it takes to trip it as you knit. If interested let me know and I can email it to you. All it takes is a large paper clip and a pair of needle nose pliers.
I would be very keen to have this info' - [email protected] - Thank you!

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ladies Please of Please PM info such as your email. To many spamers out there would just love to have your email address. So make it a rule if you want to pass off information like email go to the top and look for the Private Message and do it that way. This is to protect yourselves.

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This trip wire is not my invention I sent for the information back in '03 when I found other means of keeping track of rows was darn near impossible. I recieved this information from Bond long ago.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
I have 3 Bond machines. They all came with the trip wire that attaches to the back of the carriage. Yet I was able to bend one all the wrong way. After a bit of thinking I too was able to make a new one that is stronger and works just perfect. Glad you want to share your knowledge on how to make one of these.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My Bond is over 20 years old and I have the Incredible Sweater Machine and it came with a wire trip on the carriage and the counter was separate. I purchased my Bond brand new, so maybe if some of you purchased a used machine, it may not have been in the box for some reason. I did upgrade to the Ultimate carriage and key plates, which I like better, but the original carriage still works fine.

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
easycreations said:
My Bond is over 20 years old and I have the Incredible Sweater Machine and it came with a wire trip on the carriage and the counter was separate. I purchased my Bond brand new, so maybe if some of you purchased a used machine, it may not have been in the box for some reason. I did upgrade to the Ultimate carriage and key plates, which I like better, but the original carriage still works fine.
my Bond I bought brand new also but no such wire was with mine. I am thinking of putting in a call to Santa to up grade my machine this year .

·
Registered
51 Posts
You would love the upgrade...it's well worth it and it can be purchased on Ebay too or at Knitting Today. My first upgrade carriage was the wrong one for my intarsia keyplate to fit in, so I sent Bond an email and explained that it didn't fit and they sent me a new carriage that fits my intarsia.

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
easycreations said:
You would love the upgrade...it's well worth it and it can be purchased on Ebay too or at Knitting Today. My first upgrade carriage was the wrong one for my intarsia keyplate to fit in, so I sent Bond an email and explained that it didn't fit and they sent me a new carriage that fits my intarsia.
Thats something else I want to get but want to know is it worth the money before buying is that Intarsia plate. So not interchangeable are the two generation of Bond?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love my intarsia key plate. I've attached a couple of blankets I designed using it. I made a beautiful sweater for my son when he was little with the engine of a train on the front and and the caboose on the back. (I actually used a hand knitting pattern) Only on some of the Ultimate carriages is the key plate too large and if you email Bond like I did, they should send you the right size carriage or ask the person selling it if it fits with the intarsia key plate. Mine is the old keyplate (black) and the new ones are yellow. Don't know the difference other than the color.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom