Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we haver dollarama here in Canada,so I wandered down the craft aisle and I saw the cutest starter knitting kit,it has 3 full size balls of eyelash yarn in blue multi and knitting needles about 9 inches long and looked to be about 5 or 6 mm,along with a scarf pattern. for $2 !!
I going back to but a couple for some of the young girls in the neighborhood who want to l;earn to knit.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Terrific price. So nice of you to teach the girls too. The little 6 year old behind me picked it up very quickly, but I did use regular worsted wth her. You know, they would make great buys for swaps as well. Sometimes our Tues. Morning has some good deals but I'll check out our dollas stores as well.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
grandmasheryl said:
we haver dollarama here in Canada,so I wandered down the craft aisle and I saw the cutest starter knitting kit,it has 3 full size balls of eyelash yarn in blue multi and knitting needles about 9 inches long and looked to be about 5 or 6 mm,along with a scarf pattern. for $2 !!
I going back to but a couple for some of the young girls in the neighborhood who want to l;earn to knit.
I am off to look there soon, maybe Friday. I have bought lots of eyelash type yarn there, and fun fur and suede. Some Dollaramas don't carry much yarn and others have whole aisles :?: So I have to catch 2 buses to get to the one with lots of yarn but that's OK, I can knit on the way there and back :)

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
grandmasheryl said:
Some of the ones in Toronto have them also. I just love my Dollarama stores.

·
Registered
21,892 Posts
Wow, that is a good price in any country. Maybe I should ask my daughter who lives in Toronto to find some for me and buy it as well. We can get some good deals here in Australia, but so far I haven't seen this one.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dimples16 said:
I've never seen anything like that in the dollar stores here. That is so nice that you are going to teach the girl in you neighborhood how to knit.
:thumbup: >^..^< I agree! What a wonderful way for these young ladies to learn -- with a patient, trusted neighbor to help! They will remember you always as they become knitters, too. Hopefully, THEY will teach others. I applaud you for thinking of these girls, and introducing them to a lifelong pastime! >^..^< Carol and Fennel

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
grandmasheryl said:
I was thinking about swapping out the yarn for a plainer yarn also as I think the eyelash yarn might be a little finicky to start out with.
Absolutely. Eyelash is probably the worst "yarn" for a beginning knitter to try and knit with. They need smooth yarn that they can see well, until they learn to read their stitches. So, good idea, changing the yarn...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom