Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I am so sad this morning. We have just been away on a small trip, and when we got there my mosaic blanket was nowhere to be found. We stopped twice on the way there, and I am thinking my husband dropped it out of the car when he moved my craft bag to put some beer in the back seat. I backtracked but nobody has handed it in at the two places we stopped on our way there. I have just contacted the local radio station to put it on their Lost and Found broadcast, so finger crossed. It would mean nothing to some-one else, perhaps they picked it up and kept it for a dog blanket, but it mean't the world to me.

I am so sad this morning. We have just been away on a small trip, and when we got there my mosaic blanket was nowhere to be found. We stopped twice on the way there, and I am thinking my husband dropped it out of the car when he moved my craft bag to put some beer in the back seat. I backtracked but nobody has handed it in at the two places we stopped on our way there. I have just contacted the local radio station to put it on their Lost and Found broadcast, so finger crossed. It would mean nothing to some-one else, perhaps they picked it up and kept it for a dog blanket, but it mean't the world to me.
I hope you find it.

It really hurts to lose something you treasure. The sentimental value often outweighs the monetary value. Hope it gets returned to you soon.

I’m sorry your blanket is lost- maybe temporarily- but to try to find a bright side, maybe someone who really needed it has found it and will treasure it. Otherwise, I would drink your husband’s beer with you and commiserate. I don’t mean to make light of your loss but hope you smiled and drank a beer.

Definitely a heart breaker Mary. Another knitter knows the pain of the loss is not just the mosaic blanket but the whole process. Picking the pattern, the yarn, needles if you need them etc. are an important parts of your blanket. So if it isn’t turned in, the next step “ will I start again”? Let us know if by luck someone turns it in or whether your next project will be mosaic blanket 2.

I really hope you find it soon. I had a similar situation years ago. We were traveling to visit family in VT and I was taking a bag of squares I was making in different patterns to eventually join into a blanket. Before we left someone took out the garbage. Yep, you guessed it. They assumed my little old plastic bag was garbage and it was gone. No more plastic bags for me since then. A big plastic tote bag maybe. Hope yours turns up quickly. Happy Needling. jberg

I had a fancy acrylic white shell afghan crocheted by my deceased aunt. I remember watching her work on it. I never used it because I wanted to keep it in the pristine condition she always liked. It was my only tie to her. My husband tossed it in the washing machine and dryer along with one of our king size $15 cotton Walmart bed blankets. It looked like a ragged dishcloth by the time he got done with it. Looking at it bothered me so much I had to throw it out. You have my heartfelt condolences….

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom