Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
smae.smith said:
I tried making some with tulle and yarn. I suppose this is a dumb question, but were yours tulle AND yarn, or just tulle? I couldn't quite manage it so it remains a WIP. (I'm newly back to crochet...
Mine were just tulle. I don't know why a piece of yarn is needed, so I didn't use it. I just twisted the tulle as i was crocheting it. Seems strong enough to me.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
the ones that I had received as a gift were not as fancy.
They were only garter stitch rectangles. I have had them both with tulle only and with yarn/tulle. For scrubbing pts and pans I like the tulle only. But, for dishes, I like the yarn tulle combination.
Pattern I was sent was use like a size 10 needle and cast on 10 stitches and knit to size wanted, and bind off.
Very simple - easy to make and I love them for scrubbing and for being gentle on my hands and nails but tough on the cleaning. Even my husband is pleased with them......
I will never go back to store bought !

Attachments

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ritchsgirl said:
the ones that I had received as a gift were not as fancy.
They were only garter stitch rectangles. I have had them both with tulle only and with yarn/tulle. For scrubbing pts and pans I like the tulle only. But, for dishes, I like the yarn tulle combination.
Pattern I was sent was use like a size 10 needle and cast on 10 stitches and knit to size wanted, and bind off.
Very simple.
Thanks for the info. I am going to try that next.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Also, I have been able to find inexpensive tulle in 6 inch width. What I do is buy the roll and then cut it in half - right down the middle as I pull it off the roll. (its not an exact science - but close enough)
Not as time consuming as it sounds......then using tp or papertowels tubes, I wrap it around to hold the tulle as I am knitting and I have one long continuous piece of tulle.
I have even found tulle for free on craigslist or very cheap left over from weddings, etc.

· Registered
59,346 Posts
I have crochet with plastic canvas yarn (100% Nylon) to make scrubbies. I avoid the process of cutting tulle into strips. For me the yarn works just as good. Also I like making scrubbies to fit into my soap dishes to keep the dish clean. The scrubbie sucks up any water from the soap. I was thinking of making these soap pads out of cotton but didn't get around for doing this yet.

· Registered
181 Posts
you can also make nice scruppies using the mesh bags that onions and fruit come in. it takes several but they are great and they are free. i cut the bag down the middle, and twist the mess together, then crochet with a large hook.

recycled. after a while you don't mind throwing them away, they cost nothing.

Beka :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom