·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much for all of the loving responses.

The past four years have been a wild ride! And it wasn't just weight, it was all about a huge life change, a flip.

I was in a wheelchair/walker, and now I can "fly!" When I climbed 122 lighthouse steps last year, in Cozumel, and never stopped to take a breath, I cried. I just cried....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Claire, you are truly an inspiration! You look so much younger, too. I still think you are only 40! Congratulations! You deserve a lot of credit. I will not forget what you did and have already shared it with my daughter! Awesome!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Again, my thanks.

I just read the lovely comments some of you have left on my blog, and I am indeed very touched.

A footnote - While accelerating back pain caused me to jump onto the weight loss surgery decision, the fact is that it literally saved my life.

The surgery itself was on 4/9/07. In March, 2009, I had a heart "incident." The electrical system in my heart failed, and the cardiologist, reading my medical history as he was about to implant my pacemaker (now beating 2 times for every 3 beats of my heart) told me that I probably would not have survived the electrical system failure if I had remained morbidly obese. I do not have heart disease - my arteries are clear. And I knew that. But one never thinks of other aspects, like the electrical system, going bad.

I will never forget, though, that I am an addict, that I could go back to unhealthy eating habits. Once an addict, always an addict. I switched my addiction to clothes for a long time, and now it is to yarn, and knitting, and to this forum. Far healthier.

Interestingly (to me), my husband never minds when my purchases arrive. He happily opens them (he doesn't trust me with sharp objects!), and they are on display when I get home from work. He is very glad I switched addictions. :)

Rebecca mentioned she is a work in progress in her comment on my blog - we are ALL works in progress. We can't change our yesterdays, but we have POWER over our todays and our tomorrows.

With love,
Claire

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Claire,
I just love your response- we are ALL works of progress, We can't change our yesterdays, but we have POWER over our todays and tomorrows. I am going to print that out and leave it on my refrigerator. Your story is such an inspiration to others. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
As we used to say in the Navy "well done!"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Claire,
Thank you for sharing this personal journey. You always seem so cheery and upbeat, I would have never guessed that there were dark days in your past. We can always gain strength and encouragement from what happens to others. I'm glad that you are enjoying your life and seeing each day as joyful. You deserve it!
Bunny from Utah

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you to everyone who posted such loving comments, both here and on my blog.

Life isn't perfect, but in this season of my life, I am making the best choices I have ever made. And way high on the list was the choice I made to become part of the KnittingParadise.com family. I learn and feel loved every day.

G-d bless you all.
Claire

·
Registered
161 Posts
Replied earlier to you heart warming article but wanted to add an item about your recent request about flowers, so here goes, hope you don't mind.
Picked up the Spring edition of Love of Knitting magazine and opened it to page 9 and there you were in my mind's eye. The magazine has many flower patterns but the Spring Flowers Scarf on pages 8-9 whispered your name to me.
Hope it appeals to you.
Alice

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom