Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
howdy, thank you so very much for the help, i have already printed the directions out. it is just what i was looking for. i want to make some for some of the little girls in the cancer unit. I live at Canyon Lake,Tx. where r u?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive never been to your state, but would love to see it. If your husband liked ElPaso, he should have ckd out the Texas Hill Country. It is the best part of our state, most agree.Are you a long time knitter?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi
Look at Jeangreenhowe.com
She publishes many patterns for topsy turvy dolls. I recently made one and it came out fantastic. Very well-written pattern.
Bless you for making these for sick children...What a gift!

·
Registered
113 Posts
LOL Pianogirl, what a hoot! There are just tooo many waaay cute bods and critters at this site. Can't decide which are favorites - Nittybods - Beanbugs - OR - Rainbow Babies. I took a peek at her pattern booklets, as well. What great fun, she knows how to make a child happy! I am told that dolls are very good for children in hospitals. Especially for ones who are too young to express themselves, it provides an opportunity to act out their feelings of anger/frustration, pain, etc. Thank you so much for sharing this link, I love it. ~ Grace

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
helent said:
hi jk - we used to live in Bucks County - Doylestown - for many years - we loved it there . . . .
helen,
hi,, i'm about nine miles from doylestown..the heart of doylestown is very quaint and i really like it there !! i've lived in bucks co all my life except for 1 year ; we lived in connecticut...nice to meet you !

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Biscotti 1 said:
Ive never been to your state, but would love to see it. If your husband liked ElPaso, he should have ckd out the Texas Hill Country. It is the best part of our state, most agree.Are you a long time knitter?
Pa is a large state but not as big as texas !! my husband has not been to texas hill country. he traveled out there on business..still has some ties with business associates outside dallas..i've been crocheting for years; i learned to knit when i was about 8 yrs old; but i just started knitting again 6 years ago! i'm retired now and have a lot more time for family and hobbies !!

·
Registered
347 Posts
we were back in October for my granddaughter's baby shower - loved it - stopped at Peddler's Village for a nice visit - used to take my kids there lots!
i'm back on Long Island where i grew up but feel i have roots in both places . . . . my Doylestown neighbor - we raised our kids together - is the mayor of Doylestown - very proud of her - we're still in touch . . . .

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
helent said:
we were back in October for my granddaughter's baby shower - loved it -

I love peddler's ; we took our grandson there for halloween, he's 20 months now ! long island is nice , i was there a few weeks ago with my husband ! congrats to your granddaughter ! i'm sure you must be excited about the new baby !!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Pianogirl, Holy Moly, thank you for the link to the Jeangreenhowe!!! That is such a fantastic site. I could drop two paychecks there if I could afford it. Can you imagine a little girl and her friend there with those toys? And safe and beautiful and such fun. She hasn't missed much in her designs. Now, if only I can keep to a few!!!! Bless you and THANK you so much!!!! I hear of many other charities but this one I could fall into very easily. Done tons of others but looks like they are covered by many, this.... add me!

·
Registered
347 Posts
i sent a reply but it showed up in a weird place - i wanted to say how we went to Peddler's every Halloween, too, to see the scarecrow display - and again at Christmas to see how the pathways were always lit up with the little paper bags with candles in them - especially beautiful if it happened to be snowing - and, of course, we shopped! lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom