Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I live in New Zealand, and have just invented some finger-puppets that are not for sale, but to be used for fund-raising or given as gifts to needy / hurting children. There are 3 ways to make them, and I'm going to publish these 3 ways for free. The first is made on knitting needles and can use any yarn, but particularly the thick bubbly kind is best. For the hair, the un-plied yarn is good to fluff out, but anything could be used for hair. They are KIND HEART puppets with big hearts. The brave man in the Christchurch Earthquake, New Zealand, inspired the making of these finger puppets which, like him, have no legs. They need a hand. They need you to pull out a finger to knit them, or make them dance!
I hope you enjoy making these. The instructions are at: http://quazen.com/shopping/free-pattern-for-knitted-finger-puppets-item-four-how-to-knit-finger-puppets/

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you these are fabulous and such a great idea. You are wonderful - I live in Christchurch and have been in our home for all the "big" ones but the last one on the 23rd December 18 months ago was the last straw for our foundations so renting now same as 100's of others. We are overwelmed at all the help and support that has been ongoing from all around NZ and even the world. I will be making some of these to use in my work with preschoolers as they love to use finger puppets when we are having a story and I am now getting a little knitting done. Not as much as I use to but I enjoy making fun things like these. Thank you does not say enough of how I fee. Thank you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom