Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Thank You for the free pattern. FYI when I loaded the PDF the title of the document comes up as KOMBU SCARF.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Thank You for the free pattern. FYI when I loaded the PDF the title of the document comes up as KOMBU SCARF.
An artifact of the PDF I used to seed the new pattern. It's not visible in any of the headers or footers of the MS Word document, it's not in hidden text, not in watermark, not in embedded macro coding or anyplace else I have tried to scrub, and only shows up when it's PDF'ed. Kombu is another pattern of mine, a pretty nifty scarf if I can be immodest. Eventually I'll retype all of my patterns into fresh documents because cutting and pasting seems to infect the new version, but it's such a minor nuisance, I haven't done so yet, preferring to work on new stuff.

An artifact of the PDF I used to seed the new pattern. It's not visible in any of the headers or footers of the MS Word document, it's not in hidden text, not in watermark, not in embedded macro coding or anyplace else I have tried to scrub, and only shows up when it's PDF'ed. Kombu is another pattern of mine, a pretty nifty scarf if I can be immodest. Eventually I'll retype all of my patterns into fresh documents because cutting and pasting seems to infect the new version, but it's such a minor nuisance, I haven't done so yet, preferring to work on new stuff.
I feel your pain. Sometimes technology isn't as great as you think it should be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom