Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right ladies are you all ready,

remember, you need 50g about 110yds of worsted weight yarn, 4.5mm and some stitch markers

if you have any questions please do private message me..

enjoy!! : )

Instructions
CO 35 sts.
Knit 4 rows.
Begin mitt pattern
Row 1 (WS): K5, place marker, P20, place marker, K10.
Row 2 (RS): Knit across, slipping markers when you come to them.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until the piece measures about 1” less than the
circumference of your hand, ending with a RS row (i.e. ready to
begin a WS row).
Knit across all sts, removing markers as you come to them. Knit across 2 more rows
Bind off.

Seam the edges together, leaving a 2” hole for the thumb. Weave in ends for an inch or two, inside the
seam. Cut the tail.

Note: when you switch from
knit to purl, remember to bring
the yarn forward between the
needles before inserting the right
needle for the first purl stitch.

When you switch from purl to
knit, bring the yarn to the back
between the needles before
inserting the right needle for the
first knit stitch.

Measuring the circumference of your hand, just
above the thumb.
You can use all sorts of things for markers,
including a cut off piece of a drinking straw or a
piece of scrap yarn.

This marker is a bit like a plastic safety pin.
The marker alerts you that you will need to do
something different at this point. In this case, the
stitch patterning is done on the WS of the work,
where it is difficult to distinguish between the
garter stitch section and the reverse stockinette
(purl) section.

When working a RS row, you simply slip the
marker from the left needle to the right needle,
and continue knitting.

When working a WS row, you slip the marker,
and then change the position of the yarn in order
to work the next section. In this photo, the yarn
has been brought to the front of the work, between
the needles, in preparation for working the purl
sts.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aw I’m glad, having a look now for some patterns to use ready for next week, I’m unable to do any as my daughter still unwell, and by the time she goes to bed and done my chorus I’m ready for bed, hopefully I’ll can do little bit but we’ll see

·
Registered
13,792 Posts
It happens that I have to create a few more fingerless gloves for another person I live with. I will hunt up the acrylic yarn that she needs for the gloves and try for 2 pairs (4 total gloves). :sm24:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Well, I am not finished with Friday # 1 yet - there are quite a few other things on my plate that need to be finished up - so it will take time - but I am working on it and and this is a fun thing to look forward to. Thank you

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
I just want to thank you for providing so much fun for me and amazing easy to follow patterns. I am so grateful. This has been a horrible year for my family. So many unexpected deaths and none from covid. Thank you again!

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
I sincerely hope your daughter is well soon. Thank you so much for the fun you are giving all of us.

·
Registered
11,481 Posts
Hi Cheryl, as we are moving into our hotter months, and it is never cold enough to wear mittens here, even in Winter, I will not be doing this one, but I thought you were going to be posting blanket squares. Did I miss this somewhere? I could do small squares at my knitting group and would love to see yours. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
cheryljackson said:
Aw I'm glad, having a look now for some patterns to use ready for next week, I'm unable to do any as my daughter still unwell, and by the time she goes to bed and done my chorus I'm ready for bed, hopefully I'll can do little bit but we'll see
Hope your daughter recovers soon. Just wanted to thank you for doing this Friday Night Mystery Knit Club. With everything you are currently involved with, it is very kind of you to do this.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ah thank you, and my daughter is slowly recovering, just hoping that her sleep routine will got back to normal so I’ll be able to get back to my knitting, sadly I’m not doing this week either but really hoping to do this Fridays

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom