Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked everywhere for the instructions for fringe that's used for blankets etc. Instead of the normal fringe on a project it looks like the yarns are crisscrossing and tied together. Does anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi there,
I know exactly what you're talking about. It's called a Macrame fringe. Easy enough to accomplish, first explain what wt. yarn are you using. Unfortunately I can't send a pic or schematic because I have a right broken arm but will try to explain it.

Let me know, I have used this fringe many times.

Best to you,
Jan

·
Registered
117 Posts
2 get a nice thick fringe I would go w/at least 12" fringe. Using a stiff piece of cardboard make a template 2 work with. Wrapping the yarn around and around. I'm assuming this is for an afghan you don't indicate what its for. Then you cut ONE end and now you have fringes.

Let me know what its for and then we have to pull them thru and knot them.

Jan

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I found this post, I know it was a little bit ago, but it helps.
I have wondered about this also. I machine knitted a shawl with the fringe for my DIL, I started unraveling the fringe, not knowing it had to be knotted, well a real mess, I frogged the whole thing, knitted it over without the fringe, added the fringe when I finished the shawl. Told myself I’d never do that again. Well here I am, knitted a scarf. I want to add the fringe, I am going to knit the fringe and add it to the finished scarf. I used a very fine boucle yarn. Oh my, how to tie this yarn? That’s my question; the yarn catches, since it is not smooth, and is hard to tie. Any help, please...
the scarf is for a second cousin that has breast cancer. and I want it to be very special. the fringe will add to it.
Thank you all
Marcie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom