Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello clever people, I'm knitting an oblong shawl and want a fringe on each end. Normally I would just cast off as normal and then add the fringe with a crochet hook. Does any one know how I can add the fringe while casting on and off? I was thinking of doing an e wrap, Hanging a length of yarn over every 4th needle and knitting through manually. Would this work?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Start and end your shawl with waste yarn. for the fringe bring 3 needles to work position, leave about 20 needles out of work and bring 2 more needles to WP.
I I I -----------------II Ewrap the two end needles. With wrong side of shawl facing you, place 3 stitches from the first row of MY onto the 3 needles, knit 6 to 10 rows, put the next 3 stitches onto the same needles and knit 6 to 10 rows. Continue to the end, at the last 3 stitches knit 1 row and cast off. Cut off the knitting from the 2 end needles to form a fringe. These can be knotted in groups.The right side of the shawl will have a shell like edge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom