Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a skein of really bright yellow yarn in my stash and decided to make some kid-size mittens. When I got them done, I thought, "How boring!!" Yellow! AHA! Spongebob! I went on line to see what his face looked like and drew it out on felt. There was no stopping me now. Red - Elmo! Green - Oscar the Grouch! Bert!, Zoe!, Cookie Monstor! I made the drawings and then cut templates out of ridgid plastic. I glue and sew the pieces on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Kateannie, you're on a roll. The mittens look terrific.
Kateannie said:
I found a skein of really bright yellow yarn in my stash and decided to make some kid-size mittens. When I got them done, I thought, "How boring!!" Yellow! AHA! Spongebob! I went on line to see what his face looked like and drew it out on felt. There was no stopping me now. Red - Elmo! Green - Oscar the Grouch! Bert!, Zoe!, Cookie Monstor! I made the drawings and then cut templates out of ridgid plastic. I glue and sew the pieces on.

·
Registered
30,455 Posts
Great idea! I am sure the kids will love them.

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
Kateannie said:
So cute, and if you made them in cotton, and used soft stuff to embroider the faces you could make them as bath mitt gifts for children. Make bath time more fun than it already is.....for grandma!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom