Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Leisure Arts booklet that is Titled, Christening Sets to Crochet.

I used a fine yarn instead of crochet thread and got what is pictured. I am EXTREMELY happy that it came out so well. I mailed it today to my Niece in Calif for her 2 week old baby girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ann Heistad said:
That is gorgeous, can you tell me what the pattern is or where I can get it, it would be lovely as a christening set. Thanks,
Ann Heistad
Ann, here is a pic of the front cover. The set I made is pictured on the back cover. I do not remember for sure where I found the pattern. I think it may have been at Michael's or Jo ann's. I bought it a couple years ago. It was intended to be a gift for my Son's girlfriend. Then I learned she had found it and already bought it. It was an easy pattern.

The yarn I found at Benjamin Franklin's sidewalk sale. I paid $0.99 for each skein. I bought 9 skeins and I have 3 left after the baby outfit. The yarn is Festival Mix Fiber, polyester/acrylic 50gr.

First time I made a baby set such as this with small stitches. I was impressed with how great it looks. I just took my time. My nephew is so over whelmed with what I have made for the baby, with some of the things I told my mom they could let the baby use them for dolls when she gets older. He responded with "No, they will get ruined. They will be heirlooms." Hearing this made me feel so GOOD! The best thank you I could have gotten. This is what keeps me making gifts and giving for "just because I can".
Thank you EVERYONE for the Wonderful compliments.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom