Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a shawl, 467 stitches, full of yarn overs....and I should have purled and I knitted TWICE.

Well, 2 hours later, I frogged stitch by stitch....didn't lose any yarn overs....and now it is correct.

I'm going to change the color to a variegated mixture of the same yarn for the next 6" and then bind off. Want it to be a tad longer than the actual pattern called for.

Patience is a virtue...and today I learned I had more patience than I thought I had.

· Registered
9 Posts
Your patience paid off. Good Luck Love the color of the wool for your shawl. This week I knitted a longie soaker on 2 needles. I ended up with one short and one long side.
So I just knitted another short side. To add to my frustration the wool kept breaking and knots kept appearing.
I have learned my lesson and will not buy that brand of yarn again. I wish I could find a crochet pattern for a new born longie soakers.

· Registered
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The yarn is araucania ranco yarn worked in 2 strands that I found in mom's stash. It is very soft to the touch and I think will be extremely warm.

Want to have it finished by Sunday so I can give it to my friend's mom.

One of the reasons I wanted it to be "perfect"....she has been a part of my life for over 55 years and at times thought I was a "whatever" personality....not saying she wasn't right at certain times in my life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom