Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My name is Jo- I am just about a full time knitter- that is when I have time away from my young 3 kids, 10 dogs and 1 kat.. I usually knit every day.. and am a lazy knitter who prefers 2 needles.. for everything.. beanies, gloves, socks, berets, jumpers - but I love to pump out quality knits that my friends and family are proud to wear ! Just finished a cabled and broken rib mens jumper XL - currently knitting socks and next will be a mens aran knit XXL..
I have a family website full of my knits, kids and dogs- always updating the Diary page of www.nannaknits.com if you want to waste some time keeping up with my busy life in country Australia -you are welcome to visit it.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi Jo !

Your sweater is amazing ! .... Love the looks of that beautiful golden and her puppys too ! I am currently
looking for a golden/chow mix .. I had a male until he was almost 13 years old .. but that's another story. (O)
Welcome to the site ! Hope you enjoy it, as much as I do !
Izzy

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Izzy- Thanks for the welcome.. I forgot to add I am knitting up a lap rug as a wedding gift for a girlfriednnd with large knitted figures on it of my girlfriend spread out hogging the bed with the man sleeping sideways LOL Will photograph it tomorrow in the daylight for better viewing. It has made me laugh all the way thru making it. The cable jumper I just made for a friend to give to her son- as she has arthritic old fingers that cannot knit any more.. I have been owned by Golden Retrievers almost my entire life and now my kids have their own as well.. They are just the most lovely dogs . If you look at older posts on my website "Diary" page- you will see them running around our paddock and also sleeping on our beds n sofa ! They are my passion. Nice to meet you !

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Hallo Jo and welcome to the forum. Just love your dog and puppies. We have two Goldendoodles that we love to bits. I'm originally from London, England but have lived in Canada for 41 years now. I have cousins living in South Australia who emigrated there from England some years ago.
You must be busy if you're knitting every day and that sweater looks wonderful.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the warm welcomes and yes I am a VERY busy single - esp right now with two bedrooms filled with golden puppies !! I fit in the knitting mostly when the kids and dogs are asleep at night.. into the early hours.. The cable jumper is the first time I've ever knitted a full cable jumper and so took me 3 weeks of sneaking hours here and there-- looking forward the the Aran jumper I am making next cos it will be my second attempt and the first was on 12 ply- but this is only on 8 ply.. and XXL so may take me a long time to complete.. I like this forum :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice parts of our country. My dad lives in Western Oz.. north of Perth and I have lived in Tasmania.. very pretty State.
I'm glad I found this forum- it really has some clever/ friendly members on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am Jo's friend with the arthritic wrists and thumbs who would love to be able to knit with passion as in Ye Olde Days!
Here are pics of the Aaron and cable jumpers she made for 2 of my sons:))
Believe me she is a great knitter and I would place her second to none !

Frances

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi Nanna, Welcome from Michigan. I went to your site and seen the other pics. The models are the cutest. Oh work is also very lovely. The sweater is adorable with the dog in fur. I was wondering If you had the pattern for the bags you have on the sides. I don't think I have ever seen a pattern like those before. and if you would be willing to share.
Thanks Barb

·
Registered
578 Posts
Elana here from D.C. I have been searching for two-needle sock patterns forever! I, too, am a two-needle knitter--for everything. PLEASE share your pattern for two-needle socks? Peace and Blessings to you and the new puppies!

·
Registered
532 Posts
The knitting is beautiful....and the mom and pups are so cute. I am an animal lover and just want everyone that I see. We have a westie terrier and he is the best dog ever. Of course, I think I say that about every dog I get.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Love your goldenbabies We are on our 3rd golden retreiver. He is a therapy dog an goes to hospitals, nursing homes, and schools. the people and children love him. It brings smiles to their faces. Goldens are the best dogs. Ours is red and a big baby. He is 9 yrs old and weights 117 pounds. He has a throid problem but is doing good now. Your dogs, mamma and babies are beautiful.
connie

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom