Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ran across this stitch and wanted to see how it worked up. Having 7 grand and ggranddaughters, I have started doing a swatch the size of a headband to see if I like the stitch. So I end up with a swatch to check gauge, a new headband, and perhaps a new stitch. Gosh, I love knitting!
See what you all think. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-knit-ripple-stitch.html

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
7 girls..... I'll bet your needles never get a chance to cool off!!! I love knitting too and that is a great stitch. I want to give it a try - but not tonight.. Eyes are closing..... I only havethe two GD's but they both have long hair and are always looking for something new.....

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
No offense intended to anybody, least of all leholland, but I think if I want a ripple, I'll crochet. Trying to keep my place on those 10 rows sounds too confusing.

·
Registered
39,009 Posts
Thanks for the link. I have it c/p for future reference. I also put it in my Evernote file so I have it on my phone and my Knindle Fire for future reference!

Domesticgod, the way I will keep my place in the rows on paper will be to type them each individually onto a 3x5 card, punch a hole in one corner, put a ring thru the hole, and flip each card when I finish that row. Having the pattern in the Evernote file is a just in case, or for when I am on the road and don't have note cards made up.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi leholland... I just tried this 10 row pattern, my swatch does not
look anything like the picture. I had no problems knitting it, stitches came exactly, but what happened? Have you knitted it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom