Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
One of my favorite group games involves placing at least 20-25 items on a tray. Reveal the tray for about 3 minutes. Then everyone lists everything they saw. Most recalled wins. Choose the objects thematically: bridal shower - kitchen gadgets, baby shower - baby gadgets, toys, and care items, knitting/crochet group - knitting and crochet tools, skeins of yarn, books, patterns, and small finished projects. If there is a tie, the most accurate description with color, brand, or number wins.

·
Premium Member
29,656 Posts
KeesieMommy said:
One of my favorite group games involves placing at least 20-25 items on a tray. Reveal the tray for about 3 minutes. Then everyone lists everything they saw. Most recalled wins. Choose the objects thematically: bridal shower - kitchen gadgets, baby shower - baby gadgets, toys, and care items, knitting/crochet group - knitting and crochet tools, skeins of yarn, books, patterns, and small finished projects. If there is a tie, the most accurate description with color, brand, or number wins.
The surprise switch to this game is now ask questions about the person that was showing the tray around, not the tray contents. No one is observing the person closely so it is great fun. Of course the person has to stay out of the room while questions are asked, lol! Some do not even remember the color of their clothing, they are intent on the tray.

·
Registered
293 Posts
We have just picked up a new game for our next group party. Everyone brings a small gift and places it in front of them.

The story reader begins to read her story. Every time she says 'right' (in any context), the parcel is passed to the person on their left and vice versa when she says 'left'. I do not have the actual story to hand but it is easy to make one up using Miss Left and Mr Right as the main characters and they go on a journey or go shopping.

It is fun when the odd left/right is slipped in e.g. after explaining the rules the story teller says 'Right, lets get started', or 'I am not sure how much we have Left' as she pretends to check, he left just half a lettuce leaf on his plate when describing a meal, etc.

I hope I have explained it OK.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Another twist on Kim's Game (the official Girl Scout name for objects on a tray) is to put the objects in a pillowcase. Each guest reaches inside to feel the objects and then writes down all the objects remembered!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Get Acquainted Bingo is always fun. Make up Bingo Cards with "Has children" "Is the youngest" "Has lived abroad" "Has knitted for more than 20 years" etc. Make enough copies so that everyone has a Bingo card. Everyone then goes around and asks others "Which square applies to you?" and that person initials that square. Could make all the squares have to do with knitting: "Has knitted socks" "Has used double pointed needles" etc to make it more relevant.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you ladies for your help. today is the day . we have about 20 ladies coming for the day. we have had a few problems. our chair person fell and is in hospital and its cold and raining . wish us luck ☺☺☺

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom