Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love making cowls. They are so much more fun to make than scarves and so much easier to wear.... for ME, anyways.

This is the Gap-tastic cowl, a free pattern that can be found here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gap-tastic-cowl

I used the recommended Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky in Silver Gray. I used size 11 US needles and cast on 156 stitches.

Only problem is it is seed stitch. I love the way seed stitch LOOKS, but not so fond of how LONG it takes to KNIT! :roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,019 Posts
I have the same one in my "library" on ravelry.

It takes forever to knit up seed stitch but it was worth it :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Looks great! Not that I am surprised- you always do such a great job matching patterns to yarns/wools and your knitting is excellent. I know what you mean about seed stitch...it does take forever! But its definitely worth it when you see the end result. :)

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YorkieMama said:
I love your cowl, it is lovely!! I am so envious of your gorgeous wrought iron model.
Thanks... bought the dress form at Hobby Lobby (with coupon, of course ;) for only around $40.00.) She wears my sterling silver knitting needle gauge pendant to dress her up. lol

ONLY one that doesn't complain about having to have a photo taken wearing one of my creations.

·
Registered
21,474 Posts
Just love this cowl, it looks so smart but warm and cosy at the same time. Love the colour too.

Is seed stitch what we call moss stitch in the UK? K1, p1, k1
Next row p1,k1,p1 etc? Looks like that anyway and you are right it takes forever to knit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom