Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew and his wife are expecting in February. I want to knit for them. I have found the diagonal garter stitch pattern on JoAnn's has been the most popular blanket I have knit amoung Moms (I took a poll)

I have not been able to find a garter stitch sweater that uses worsted weight yarn that I like. Does any one know of a pattern?

I also would like to make one of the car seat blankets I have been seeing. Would it need to be garter stitch to match the rest? Could I convert another pattern to garter stitch?

And last, I promise, is color. They are not going to find out the sex. I was going to do white with pink and blue flecks but not sure I can get in worsted. One of my nieces got yellow and the other got turqouise. I would like to do another color.

I need help!!!

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
How about mint green or a primary color. I just finished a baby afghan in a denim blue. I used one of the pound skeins of yarn. Not sure which one but thionk it might have been pound of love. Purchased it at Jo-Ann's.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mint green would be pretty. I used a pound of love for the other blankets I made and they have held up nice. Both boys are 2 and use as their blankets everyday but I was thinking of Caron Simply soft. I love working with it but I am not sure it would hold up as well.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
smontero237 said:
My nephew and his wife are expecting in February. I want to knit for them. I have found the diagonal garter stitch pattern on JoAnn's has been the most popular blanket I have knit amoung Moms (I took a poll)

I have not been able to find a garter stitch sweater that uses worsted weight yarn that I like. Does any one know of a pattern?

I also would like to make one of the car seat blankets I have been seeing. Would it need to be garter stitch to match the rest? Could I convert another pattern to garter stitch?

And last, I promise, is color. They are not going to find out the sex. I was going to do white with pink and blue flecks but not sure I can get in worsted. One of my nieces got yellow and the other got turqouise. I would like to do another color.

I need help!!!
I hope this pattern is of some use to you.

Cheers
Irene (Ernai)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are awesome, thank you so much. Now I just need a garter stitch sweater that uses worsted yarn. I went to Michaels today and Caron Simply Soft in a baby colored varigated yarn that I think I will use.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
smontero237 said:

I need help!!!
I made a blanket with Naturally Caron Spa in the misty taupe, is machine washable and dry! Still looks like new! For the car seat blanket I did 60 stitches by 90 rows and I used heaven yarn by Plymouth! Be creative!! My daughter just had a baby boy and wanted something different to the usual baby blue..... I have attached some photos! Happy knitting!!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello! I found that lion brand has several garter stitch baby sweaters in their free pattern listings. If you haven't already, they require you to register with your email and a password, but it is free. :) Here a couple of links to their garter stitch baby sweater patterns
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0051.html?noImages=

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0059.html?noImages=

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90738AD.html?noImages=

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60131AD.html?noImages=

I hope something here might be what you are looking for. They have several others as well.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Ali9407 said:
Irene, I downloaded the car seat pattern. Don't understand the symbols A, D. etc.
Hi there, Ali9407.

I haven't actually knitted this pattern. However, this is the best way I can explain it - you have to do the swatch gauges first and put in your resulting no. of rows x stitches as per the picture. I hope this helps.

Good luck and Cheers
Irene (Ernai)
:cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
Im so happy you've gotten lots of responses. The next pattern you need, you may want to do your own search. Most of the suggestions given tomyounare the result of someone searching for what you dsid you were interested in. Almost everyone finds new patterns by searching Ravelry and their favorite yarn distributor's web sites and Google searches. The simplest thing to do is Google for whatever kind of knitting or crochet pattern you want. Even when I hope to gond s free pattern, I never use "free" as part of a search because it tends 1) to miss patterns and 2) there might not be a free pattern abailable that uou lole. It never hurts to see what kinds of patterns are available. I usually begin a search on Ravelry. Many of the yarn distributers patterns are listed on Ravelry, so you can find them on Ravelry along with all the others that are listed there. You will find more patterns when you do your search instead of only those that a couple of people think you might be interested in.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am aware of other options. I was simply asking if someone has a good pattern since I knitted a sweater for another child that I chose from the internet and it didn't turn out. I looked for a garter stitch car seat blanket with no luck. I have a specific regular blanket in mind and am looking a "tried and true" sweater pattern to go with it. Paying for the pattern is not an issue. But I'm finding garter stitch, worsted and baby sweater that I feel I can do is not easy to find.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was and am really disturbed by MaryE-B response. I am not lazy nor am I stupid. I was simply asking for a pattern and I thought I should ask under "Pattern Requests" since I was having no luck. Maybe I am taking her response the wrong way as I am under a great deal of personal stress. And if so I am sorry but I think sometimes people need to read their posts to be sure it sounds the way it was intended.

·
Registered
442 Posts
smontero237 said:
I was and am really disturbed by MaryE-B response. I am not lazy nor am I stupid. I was simply asking for a pattern and I thought I should ask under "Pattern Requests" since I was having no luck. Maybe I am taking her response the wrong way as I am under a great deal of personal stress. And if so I am sorry but I think sometimes people need to read their posts to be sure it sounds the way it was intended.
I'm not surprised you found her post disturbing I think I would have too, you where only doing the same as everyone else on this forum asking for help in finding a pattern, you've done nothing wrong, don't let it worry you, that's what the forum is for chatting about knitting, whether it be for a certain pattern you may be looking for or help with understanding a pattern, we are all here to help and be helped, don't worry about it just remember you have friends on here. Maureen xx

'

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was really upset thinking I did something wrong. I have never paid much attention to the Pattern Request section and never posting anything there. Thanks again, your response meant alot.

Sandy

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
mozey50 said:
smontero237 said:
I'm not surprised you found her post disturbing I think I would have too, you where only doing the same as everyone else on this forum asking for help in finding a pattern, you've done nothing wrong, don't let it worry you, that's what the forum is for chatting about knitting, whether it be for a certain pattern you may be looking for or help with understanding a pattern, we are all here to help and be helped, don't worry about it just remember you have friends on here. Maureen xx

'
I too found it quite off-putting. I posted a pattern I had in my files because it was plain and that's what I thought Sandy was looking for. I hadn't used the pattern in my file as yet and when I looked at it properly after Sandy posted her query, I must admit it took me a little while to work it out as I'm not too 'savvy' on reading patterns. I was happy to spend a little time on working it out because it gave me an opportunity to add the explanation to my file so that when I get around to it I will already have done the leg work on it. I liked it because of the picture - no picture no pattern for me.

I have received quite a bit of help with my knitting on here and have been pleased to be able to share what knowledge I have gained with others.

Happy to help in my own small way any time Sandy.

Cheers and God Bless.
Irene (Ernai)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom