Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
This is so very interesting! You can knit with less stitches and have to knit less rows!! I taught a friend's granddaughter to crochet a few years ago (she was 8 years old then!) and she is presently crocheting an afghan using a size Q crochet hook and an extra bulky yarn - don't know the brand name. I tried doing a few stitches when she showed it to me and found this a little awkward to work being I have never crocheted with this size crochet hook. I give her credit, though! Her effort is there!!!!

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Interesting. I wonder what she is using for yarn. Rolled tee shirt material, a felted yarn? Not that I would want to do this. I have seen other 'extreme knitting', wouldn't the final product be very heavy?

·
Registered
15,751 Posts
The strangest knitting I ever saw was at my local Jo-Ann's store in the sewing machine dept. The girl who worked there was knitting with large PVC pipe that had Duct tape thickly wrapped and tapered at each end. She was knitting with inch wide strips of fleece fabric. She was not a store employee; but worked for the sewing machine company (Singer or Husqvarna). It was amazing to watch her...not something I would even try!

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
littleblackducky55 said:
Way to go... If you are into doing blankets etc... Must be hand on the hands.??? be a little awkward knitting in the car... would have to sit in the back seat to have elbow & needle room. :sm01:
:sm24:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom