Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This swap needs to be posted by Nov. 30th You all know the theme and colors.
If any one has had a bad time with Sandy and needs to hold off on the swap or thinks it may take a long time to get the packages please let me know VIA PM I will let your partners know.

A great place to say thank yous and post pictures.
Please remember to pm your buddy first.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
mama879 said:
If any one has had a bad time with Sandy and needs to hold off on the swap or thinks it may take a long time to get the packages please let me know VIA PM I will let your partners know.

I've heard from a few of you that you have already received your swaps,I,for one would love to hear more about them...and also to see some pictures..Let's go!

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
mama879 said:

I sent out my swap package yesterday..can't wait till she gets it!

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maryrose said:
thank you to kookiemen for her christmas swap. big ball of blue worst weight yarn, sock yarn, candy, paper weight, rose bouquet note cards, hand-made doily & dishcloth. everything very nice!
Maryrose What a nice package you received. The yarn is very pretty and doily well just as pretty as yours. Enjoy!!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Maureenb, I received the package today and it was like Christmas and my birthday rolled into one! What a wonderful package you put together! I was totally surprised that you had me for this swap. Thank you seems so inadequate. It was such a nice surprise to come home to find I had a package waiting. Fellow KPer's let me tell you Maureenb sure SPOILED me. I have included a picture of my package but I do not think it does it justice! Two beautiful skeins of yarn...one "Homespun" and the other "Lion Suede Prints"...I have never tried either of these yarns and they are both such pretty colors and so soft. Can't wait to give them a try. Maureenb also sent me the neatest crochet hook. It is a "Susan Bates", which like the yarn I have never tried but have seen them mentioned here on KP. It is longer then any hook I have ever used and it feels really nice in my hand...can't wait to try that out too! I received a knitting magazine, a book on crocheting, and one for beginning knitters (which is so what I am). I also got patterns for a market bag, a dishcloth, and two different cowls. Maureenb included in my package a cute shopping list featuring Santa and a bar of soap which has an "old world" Santa face on it, it is very lovely and smells good too. :) I got a beautiful angel ornament with "Peace Be With You" engraved on it. It is the kind of ornament you can keep out all year long and I plan on doing just that! Also in the package was the sweetest Nutcracker ornament that will make a great addition to my collection!!! Maureenb sent along the cutest pair of socks that have black cats all over them....they look just like our black cat Dolce. Maureenb also included a bookmark with horses on it for my granddaughter the rider and a soccer ball for my soccer playing grandson...how nice was that and let me tell you the children were so excited to receive those gifts. There was also a bag of mmmmm Reese's Peanut Butter Cups which the grandchildren were also happy to have me share with them! LOL! In addition to all I have mentioned, Maurreenb sent me a beautiful scarf with matching headband that she made. The picture does not even come close to showing how pretty this set is. It has such pretty colors in it and is so soft. The scarf has the cutest edge on the ends and the headband has the cutest flower on it with a pretty little button in the center. Maureenb did such a clever thing...she included the washing instructions along with the scarf and headband set.....I have to be honest, I never thought of doing that on the few things I have given as gifts. Maureenb included a very sweet note on the prettiest note card....I am trying to figure out what I will do with the picture on the front of the note card...it is too pretty to tuck in away draw. Well as you can see I received one full box of wonderful goodies. I hope I didn't leave anything out and apologized if I did. To Maureenb, thank you so much for taking the time to not only put together such an amazing box for me but for included something for my grandchildren...your thoughtfulness means so much.
Thank you again,
nonna of 2

Attachments

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
nonna of 2....you really hit the jackpot ! Wonderful swap...MaureenB certainly knows how to make folks happy.

My swap buddy Andrea sent me a lovely PM about her surprises that I sent to her...very happy to hear that she was pleased , especially with the candy.Who knew that candy corn was a mutual favorite ?!?! :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom