Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
81,314 Posts
Favourite? That’s like asking which child is a parent’s favourite! Impossible, at least for me.
Back when my babies were very young, I made this rug. Its whole story is on its project page on Ravelry: Ravelry: JessicaJean's Super Scrappy Rug ca. 1978

It’s well on its way to outliving me!
Dog Carnivore Dishware Pet supply Ingredient

·
Premium Member
81,314 Posts
I agree with those who have said how difficult it is to choose only one! I don't know how many favorites I have, but I will post this one, the Secession Cowl. I posted this project on KP about 5 years ago. It was a big project, but never boring. I have always been partial to reds, maybe that's why I'm so drawn to this piece. This project also includes a smattering of beads, which helped keep it interesting as I knit it. I have found that there is no 'wrong' way to wear this garment, so it has been versatile as well. I remember that the pattern was very well-written and easy to follow.

View attachment 1227307
Yours is more attractive/eye-catching than the one first seen on the pattern page: Secession Cowl pattern by Kristina Vilimaite
👍

·
Premium Member
81,314 Posts
Thank you.
Its a major PITA! I think I'm going to cut most of it off. If I don't put it up it wraps around my neck when I sleep and I feel like I'm being strangled.🤪🤬

Eta: that pic is 2yrs old. Its much longer now (and more grey). That was taken just before COVID hit.
We went on a one-week cruise just before Covid hit. To save myself the bother of dealing with almost a foot’s length of super-sparse hair in the tiny shower stall aboard, I had a buzz-cut two days before departure. It’s the middle braid:
Automotive tire Textile Rectangle Font Art

The top braid was shortly after salons reopened, December 1, 2021. Not much for almost two years growth! Notice, no grey or white strands. That’s because none of them are strong enough to grow long enough to reach the base of my neck and be included in the braid. All that’s in the braids is what brown still grows on the back of my head.
Forehead Nose Skin Smile Chin

Ugh! It was always baby-fine, but there used to be a whole lot more hairs per square inch than remain at 76. I don’t care what colour they are; I just wish they were more numerous!!!😈

·
Premium Member
81,314 Posts
Well I must say this one is my all time favorite. A photographer wanted an afghan for a photo prop. She gave me her ideas and this is what we came up with. View attachment 1228116
View attachment 1228115
My husband never asked me for an afghan to use when photographing! He went to cheap yard goods stores, bought several yards of whatever took his fancy, and used that. Somewhere around the house there are still a few of those masses of fabric. Every time I think I’ve sent the last one off to Goodwill, another turns up! 😵‍💫

·
Premium Member
81,314 Posts
Oh my!! Every single project is amazing and all the expert workmanship is just beyond fabulous! I could not a be a judge for this contest, as I would never be able to pick just 'one' winner from all these beautiful items! Best of luck to all the participants involved.
Random draw = no judging.

·
Premium Member
81,314 Posts
Every new project seems to be my favorite, so the simple answer is that I don't have a favorite. My selection is based on the huge number of "Likes" this knitting project received
. Jennifer Wood is one of my very favorite knitwear designers. That's for sure! View attachment 1231157
Were I that slim, I would knit and wear that too. However, I think it would make me resemble the Michelin Man. 🫤

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top Bottom