Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
21 - 40 of 311 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
This is still my favorite. I made it in 2012 for my first-born granddaughter. At that time I said I didn’t know who her mother would be, because I had 3 daughters and no grandchildren yet. Here it is a decade later and I’m in the same position. 😢
Baby & toddler clothing Pink Creative arts Toy Woolen

Purple Baby & toddler clothing Sleeve Creative arts Toy

I won’t complain though. Each daughter is doing well in her chosen career and we are all close…much closer than I ever was with my mother.

updated 4/20/22 - My youngest just got engaged so I still have hope!

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
View attachment 1227221
We are pleased to announce our first giveaway on the new platform.

We will be giving away a FREE 1-year Premium membership subscription to FIVE members.

To Enter The Giveaway
Simply reply to this discussion, sharing a picture of your all-time favorite knitting or crochet project and telling us a little about it.

On April 30, 2022, we will do random drawings from the responses in this thread to select the FIVE winners.

Added Note: Responses to this thread should be limited to entering the giveaway or they will be removed. If you need help adding a picture to your post, please see
How To Upload Images To Posts.

- Cricket
this is a sweater and hat I made for a new great niece. Her parents were both 44 when she was born. The new grandparents had lost all hope of having grandkids, ever since their daughter had already announced she wasn’t ever having kids. It’s almost 5 years later and the little girl is still the only grandchild. But I can tell you her grandparents, my brother-in-law and his wife, are over the moon in love with her.
Product Sleeve Grey Creative arts Aqua
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Difficult to choose! ... but I think my all-time favourite project has been my granny stitch triangle shawls.
My "thing" was to finish every one with a curly fringe!
The other thing I liked about making these was that I could (literally) crochet one with my eyes closed....
No pattern required!
I love to use variegated yarn ( probably because I'm a bit lazy, and don't like weaving in ends!)

Purple Rectangle Azure Textile Violet

Outerwear Purple White Light Wrap

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
I agree with those who have said how difficult it is to choose only one! I don't know how many favorites I have, but I will post this one, the Secession Cowl. I posted this project on KP about 5 years ago. It was a big project, but never boring. I have always been partial to reds, maybe that's why I'm so drawn to this piece. This project also includes a smattering of beads, which helped keep it interesting as I knit it. I have found that there is no 'wrong' way to wear this garment, so it has been versatile as well. I remember that the pattern was very well-written and easy to follow.

Shoulder White Picture frame Neck Textile

·
Registered
558 Posts
View attachment 1227221

We will be giving away a FREE 1-year Premium membership subscription to FIVE members.

To Enter The Giveaway
Simply reply to this discussion, sharing a picture of your all-time favorite knitting or crochet project and telling us a little about it.

On April 30, 2022, we will do random drawings from the responses in this thread to select the FIVE winners.

Added Note: Responses to this thread should be limited to entering the giveaway or they will be removed. If you need help adding a picture to your post, please see

- Cricket
[/QUOTE
View attachment 1227221

To Enter The Giveaway

- Cricket
[/QUOTE
View attachment 1227223

I knitted this baby blanket for my dear friend's first grandchild. My friend breeds miniature horses. The baby was a granddaughter, so I single-crocheted around each rocking horse square with varigated pink yarn to make the light teal look more feminine! The pattern is Rocking Horse Baby Blanket by Barbara Breiter, a free pattern on Ravelry.
What a great idea
Textile Sleeve Grey Font Creative arts

·
Premium Member
81,279 Posts
I agree with those who have said how difficult it is to choose only one! I don't know how many favorites I have, but I will post this one, the Secession Cowl. I posted this project on KP about 5 years ago. It was a big project, but never boring. I have always been partial to reds, maybe that's why I'm so drawn to this piece. This project also includes a smattering of beads, which helped keep it interesting as I knit it. I have found that there is no 'wrong' way to wear this garment, so it has been versatile as well. I remember that the pattern was very well-written and easy to follow.

View attachment 1227307
Yours is more attractive/eye-catching than the one first seen on the pattern page: Secession Cowl pattern by Kristina Vilimaite
👍

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
My Son #2, his wife and her two daughters were going overseas to Italy to visit DDI father. I thought that a shawl would be useful for her to slip on while out in the evenings, plus I wanted her to have a keepsake from me. So, this Dee O’Keefe shawl was born. It travelled with the family from Australia to Italy and the photo shown is in St Peter’s Square in the Vatican City. Jen.
Purple World Pink Rectangle Violet

21 - 40 of 311 Posts
Top Bottom