Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just found your forum and thought I would join in for chat, new friends, knitting and crochet patterns, help and anything else! :)
Mum taught me to knit when I was a nipper and I have come back to it and am enjoying it. I am teaching myself to crochet and so far, so gooood.

Am crocheting a blanket at the moment and looking to knit a double decker London bus as a door stop as my next knit project.

Am sure I will catch up with you all soon. ttfn. (tata for now)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, good to have so many replies so soon! Please bear with me whilst I get the hang of this forum and replying to all. The rain has bypassed me so far...... and yes, its a good time (bank holiday) to catch up on crocheting.

What is everyone doing at the moment, I mean project wise?

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
mishmash said:
Hi all, good to have so many replies so soon! Please bear with me whilst I get the hang of this forum and replying to all. The rain has bypassed me so far...... and yes, its a good time (bank holiday) to catch up on crocheting.

What is everyone doing at the moment, I mean project wise?
If you want to reply to someone in particular just click "quote reply" which is under their post, or you can reply to everyone at the same time if you wish. I'm knitting an easy baby sweater in self patterning yarn, and also a jumper for myself in stripes from my stash.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Absolutely pouring down here and has been most of the day. Where has our summer been? only had about 2 weeks in total when it has been sunny all day! wish I was young enough to emmigrate to warmer climes!! lol x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what you mean about our damp squid of a summer but I have lived and worked in India so have experienced extreme heat, humidity and monsoons. I was so happy to come back home to "ole blighty". I could not knit or crochet out there due to the damp and heat and not being able to buy wool!!!

I have cracked the crochet pattern which has been puzzling me for some time (I left it for a couple of weeks to get on with another job I had been putting off) and am so pleased with myself.

What do you do when you have a pattern which stumps you?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Start something else, and keep going back to it. Having said that I have an elephant I was crocheting for grandson got stuck and have made about 4 things since and still cant do it, think Ill just forget it was ever there !! he's forgotten now anyway! lol

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
HI mishmash,

Your idea for a door stop sounds intriguing. Hope you post a piccie of it on this site when you have finished - would love to see it. Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it :) :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello from TX USA, I'm new too, 1 wk and so loving this site and I know u will too. I'm working on (Knitting)baby sweater... booties and hat already done, a barbie halloween outfit and edging for a pillow I knitted for my mother. Crocheting doily for myself as all the ones I have done have always been for someone else, now I need to do one for me... :lol:

Happy Crocheting and knitting! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom