Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just today read some replies to my recent Joke: re "paddy"
Now I see some are offended that's too bad they seem to follow that I'm a "racist" the latest
"Gotcha Phrase"of the PC crowd. Well ladies I would suggest as one of your group says ignore the post. I specifically initial my posts so its real easy for you to do just that. This world is going crazy
looking for scapegoats ( I guess I make it easy for them) . I have a sense of humour and if one is to stop laughing that is about the last straw we may as well fade into oblivion. So I will state again if you don't want to read my posts then "Don't" .
Believe it or not offending folks is the last thing on my mind Making people laugh in a world that is
always on the brink of some disaster or other is my goal. Giving a giggle to a lonely soul who hardly
sees another person from one day to the next, or a person filled with regrets if these folks get a wee respite and a giggle or smile if even for just a minute .. that is my aim.. not to try to upset
a few nit picking Nellies and upset their day.
So take from my jokes what you will and please stop reading my posts Remember SL is always at the end of my post for your convenience.
To those of you who do read and enjoy my posts THANK YOU and keep laughing it's the cheapest and best medicine
SL

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I always enjoy your posts SL. You are right if people can't have a laugh what is the point of any thing. So much badness happens in this world thank you for brightening it up for us and bringing us all a lot of cheer.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I just went back to look at the post you are talking about. Would these people be so upset if the jokes were about Italians. I'm Italian and was married to an Irishman. He and his family would think those jokes were funny.
Some people have nothing to do but start trouble.
As you said you put SL on your posts so they don't have to read it. Personally I look for your post as I find them uplifting and /or funny. So keep them coming. You brighten my day and/or give me something to think about.
Enjoy you day
Fran ????

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
I just don't believe some people....Being of Scottish and Scot Irish decent I get a kick out of Paddy. Poor Paddy. HAHAHA I love to send them to my Irish friend in Philadelphia and he loves them . Don't ever stop posting Paddy and Paddy like jokes . There are more of us who enjoy them than those who find the need to complain.

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
berigora said:
:sm24: :sm24: :sm24: What she said!

I really don't know why some folks get so agitated about a simple joke. Keep 'em coming :sm02:
I agree with these two. I love your jokes. Gets my day started on an up note.

·
Registered
25,242 Posts
Some people are seriously too sensitive and too easily offended in this incredibly PC climate. If and when I read things that I don't agree with, I just bypass it and keep going. I don't enjoy disrespectfulness but like you, I believe 'laughter is good medicine'. I'm one of your faithful fans. Keep doing what you're doing. :sm24:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thank you for all your hard work at putting together all the wonderful insights, reflections, and yes---- jokes. As others have posted more enjoy your work than don't. So sorry you have apologize for your posts. But you know the majority love your work..... KEEP IT UP!!!

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Personally I see no reason why you felt that you needed to post this - just keep doing what you are doing with the clean and clear conscience with which you are doing it. You make life better for the majority and one is never going to win with the 'closed minded' people in the world. One I thought was really funny - who has you on the 'ignore' list but just happened to open that 'particular one' and what is more - she did it 'by mistake'.... Rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllyyyyyyy - to believe that we must have come down in the last rain shower or were born just yesterday and are really gullible.......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yours are joyful posts. Keep them coming.

Some of the ethnic jokes have had Polish, Finns, Newfies, Canucks, Russians,men, women, blonds, the aged, Catholics, even Scots, and whatever substituted for your dear Paddys. Rarely have I ever heard or read the jokes deliberately putting down some group. The objects of the jokes are usually the first to pass them on. Every group has some other group the epitome of the unknowing, the uneducated, the oblivious, etc. that can be funnily shown.

·
Registered
161,586 Posts
Just ignore the peanut gallery, Margaret! Keep the laughter and knowledge and love coming to those of us whom look for your posts every day.

Yes, there will always be someone to complain. Let them, they don't take away from your contributions to this site.

Have a beautiful day and please and thank you for all your contributions!

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
SL, don't let anyone steal your joy in posting to those of us who love your posts. Some people are just looking for things to be offended about. That is because they have an empty life or they have no friends at all. Your posts make me laugh out loud and some make me cry because it touches me in another way but they are always fun to read. Don't let people who are carrying so much baggage, push it off on you! Keep us smiling and laughing. I for one really need your posts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom