Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: First thing to do in a new situation is ask a question, right? My question: I'm knitting an afghan from the corner in garter stitch. (It's my watching TV relaxation project.) The directions I found are for a square baby afghan. I want to make mine rectangular and can't remember how to continue at the same width without increasing or decreasing. Can Some one please send me directions?
Thank you.
Glenyce

· Registered
10,064 Posts
sorry, question a bit cloudy....if you want the afghan to be longer, just work more rows at the same width...if you are talking about something with a border, then work the center section longer before finishing according to the border instructions...hope this helps....if not, help with a bit more description of your pattern...

· Registered
12,145 Posts
Maybe there is a video of the technique on UTube. They seem to have just about everything else.

· Registered
438 Posts
I think you mean that the afghan is actually a diamond shape when you are knitting it - am I right? Not sure if my answer would work, probably not as a diamond shape is actually a square 'on its edge' wondered about spacing the increases more, if the increase is every row just do it every other row. That possibly would not work, can't visualise it. Try a small sample first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom